Friday, February 15, 2019

Love Your Pet with the Dueling Darlings

Hurrah for the 15th of the month! It's the day we showcase the kits we receive from the Dueling Darlings. This month Tracie sent the Dazzlers their kit and Barb was in charge of the Divas. I'm with the Dazzlers. Here's what Tracie says about her kit:
"February 20th is 'Love Your Pet Day' so we decided this challenge would be pet related. The image is from Newton's Nook Designs called 'Fetching Friendship.' These images are stamped on Neenah Classic crest cardstock with Gina K Amalgam ink. The designer paper is from Authentique 'Companions.' I included pieces of ribbon and brads from my stash. My youngest sister's birthday is February 19th so this is in her honor. She works for a pet company and always loved to see pet cards."
I created two cards with the kit. The images are so fun and we had lots of fun embellishments to go with the fun images.
I loved that design paper with all the dog faces and flowers so I used that as my background. All my coloring was done with Spectrum Noir markers. I colored the dog and fussy cut him. The sentiment I cut out with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags. I added the fun bone clip to the sentiment and one of the fun extra images (the ball). I added the blue burlap ribbon. The "bone ribbon" was very difficult to work with. I tried to straighten it and finally decided it was never going to straighten so I cut it into pieces and then placed each piece under blocks to try to press them. It didn't help a lot so I used tape to tape them into place and then add the glue. I placed them on and then weighted them with blocks until they dried and then removed the tape.
My second card uses all three of the dog images Tracie sent. I used another of the sentiments. Used another one of the ribbons and also two brads (a bone and paw). I used the MFT Stitched Circle die to cut the dogs out and backed them with the same brown cardstock that I used for the base. I inked the fishtail flag with Fired Brick distress ink. I love the fun paw paper for the background.
Hope you'll check out the other Darlings and Divas cards. The links are in the right hand column.
EDIT: Yikes, I forgot about Tracie's extra challenge. We were supposed to include a picture of our favorite animal. I only had goldfish growing up so I never really got used to pets around the house. But my husband always had dogs growing up so once we were married and had kids he wanted them to grow up with a dog. We no longer have dogs around since the kids are grown but we had two wonderful dogs during those years: Rascal and White Socks. I looked for a long time and  could only find a pic of White Socks, who had 4 white paws (hence her name!)

I hope I don't have too many typos. I've come down with conjunctivitis and it's affecting my eyesight. So I'm not seeing the page very clearly tonight. I do have eye drops now for it so I hope it starts to improve.
I'm entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. I have to go to the lab today for blood tests but after that I think I am free. If my eyesight clears a little I hope to get some more craft time. Take care and make it a crafty weekend!

Donna

13 comments:

Stef H said...

oh are these ever darling!!!! happy valentine's day hope all is well.
have had a cough since the beginning of the year and i THOUGHT it was finally going away. decided to come back yesterday! i feel fine tho... just a cough. doc says not to worry.

be well, be safe, be warm!

hugs

terry serman said...

Both of your cards are spectacular! Love that you used 3 different dogs on the one card. Great use of the papers and embellishments.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, both of your cards turned out really cute! I love how you used so much of what was in the kit. Awesome job!

Pam said...

These cards are both so cute but my favorite is the second one. I love the cute paw paper background!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Tracie said...

Oh my gosh Donna - You went above and beyond. I am loving both cards. You did such a great job with the challenge.

Barb said...

Donna--way to be a rock star and make two cards! Great Job--I love the colors and the layout!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Donna. You outdid yourself with your amazing creativity. I love both of your cards, Your coloring is outstanding the layouts perfect and both cards are two thumbs up over the top cute....Great job my friend.

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, those cards are wonderful and love the Dueling concept!!!

MiamiKel said...

Omgoodness, it's a twofer! I absolutely adore BOTH cards - just sensational coloring and terrific designs and layouts! (hello, MFT sistah - my favorite company and dies!) That bone ribbon is intriquing - way to divide and conquer! (literally! LOL!) FAB-U-LOUS job on the challenge and two cards that are a HOWLING success! What a cute cute card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- you really used alot of your kit! I love both of your cards- wonderful layouts!!! I am going to CASE the 2nd one! Adorable dog pic!!!

Terry Ladwig said...

CUTE cards! I love how you cut up the bone ribbon and used it on the first card! Great job!

:: BlueInks :: said...

The cutest of cards! I just love the doggie with the blue ascot! Your layouts turned out great and your hard work with the 'bones' was worth it!

HeatherB said...

Two fantastic cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...