Sunday, January 27, 2019

I'm Back!

Hey, it's good to be back home again! (Can you hear John Denver singing?) After more than 3100 miles in a car I'm ready to be at home and back to crafting again! We got snow last night. We manage to miss two snow storms while we were gone but the temperatures are supposed to drop this week and I would have been happy to miss those really cold temps too. I did miss crafting and the twins of course. So I had to see the twins first and then I could make a card.


Before Christmas I won a $50 gift certificate from My Favorite Things and spent it on some new stamps and does when they had a sale. My DH gave them to me for Christmas. Haha! But these Wildflower stamps caught my eye and I decided I needed them. I stamped and heat embossed the flowers and leaves and then colored them with Spectrum Noir markers. I die cut each one with the coordinating dies. The designer paper is MFT Sweet Celebration Paper Pack and I used two different patterns from the pack. The rind was due cut with two sizes of MFT Stitched Circles. The sentiment is from MFT Anything-but-Basic Birthday Wishes heated embossed with white embossing powder on black card stock. I just used my paper cutter to cut the sentiment and popped it up with foam tape. For a little embellishment I used Gina K Crystalline Drops. They are clear so they are a bit difficult to see in the photo. I am entering these challenges:
The twins and their parents are coming for dinner this evening so it's off to the next project to get done. I'm still doing laundry from the trip. We spent two weeks away and never did laundry so we have a bunch. Looking forward to getting back to a routine again, although Tom isn't looking forward to going back to work. Take care and stay warm or cool wherever you might be!

Donna


9 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Lovely bright colours on this jolly card. We have a cold snap here at the moment. Quite windy too. Time for staying indooors. hugs Mrs A.

Barbara Bruder said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. Glad you missed the snow storms. Love your card and great coloring.Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, this is so colorful and pretty! Cheery!!!

Pam said...

I love your pretty card, it reminds me of Spring! The colors are so pretty and cheerful, sure to brighten the recipients day! So happy you had a nice trip! I'm with you, the twins first then craft!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

JoAnn said...

Wow, that was a lot of time in the car, glad you missed the snowstorms. Love your card and the brightly colored flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Irene said...

Thank you for joining us at Get Creative Challenge!
Irene DT

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the bright colours you've used.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Made by Helen{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Janice said...

A really pretty card, love the colours.

Angela B. said...

Thank you so much for entering the challenge at Through The Craft Room Door last week. Your creation is stunning, I love John Denver reminds me if Dad, we would love to have one of your projects featured in an upcoming issue of the magazine! Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
Hugs & Craftiness,
AngelaThrough The Craft Room Door DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
http://craftrmdoor.ning.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...