Saturday, January 19, 2019

Hippo Bird-Day

Welcome from sunny Florida! This may be the only card that I get done this week. We've been busy doing lots of things but not much time to pull out my crafty stuff. This morning we went off to the flea market close by and then spent the afternoon being lazy at our camper. So I thought I would pull out things that I brought and try to make a card. I didn't get far before I realized that I forgot to put in my paper cutter. So if my paper looks as if mycutting isn't quite straight that's really the way it is. I tried measuring and cutting with a scissors so I know they aren't perfectly straight.


The images are from MFT Happy Hippos and I also used the coordinating die cuts. I colored the hippo and bird with Spectrum Noir markers. The sentiment is from the same MFT stamp set. The plaid paper is from MFT Sweet Celebration 6x6 Paper Pack. I added some self-adhesive gems. The circle in the background is MFT Stitched Circles. I followed the MFT Sketch challenge.
I am entering these challenges:
MFT Sketch challenge: sketch above
QKR Stampede: anything goes

While we are getting 6 more inches of snow today at home, we are enjoying one last day of sunshine and warm temperatures. Tomorrow the rain is moving in and our temperatures should drop about 30 degrees. Probably a good day to watch football in the trailer. Monday morning we will be heading back home by way of North Carolina. We will stop briefly to see Tom;s two sisters before we head back to snowy and very cold Indiana. I will leave you today with a picture perfect sunrise from this morning. 
Thanks for stopping by!

Donna

6 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such an adorable hippo... cute card, too! And look at that photo... enjoy the sunshine!

Angela B. said...

Great papers and card design! Thank you so much for entering the challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
Hugs & Craftiness,
AngelaThrough The Craft Room Door DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
http://craftrmdoor.ning.com/

Mandy said...

Wonderful CAS card Donna! The image is so cute and the plaid paper is so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Janice said...

Love this little hippo image! Pretty card and lovely colours.

Carol W said...

Oh Donna, I absolutely love this card. It is so cute and fun.

KathyA. said...

What a colorful and playful card. Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week. DT Kathy [https://myasperations.blogspot.com]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...