Thursday, March 29, 2018

Sympathy

Thursday has rolled around again and we are headed for the weekend. I'm fairly sure tat we aren't traveling for Easter this weekend so it may be spent with the twins instead. Fine by me. I missed seeing them last weekend since I had conjunctivitis. I did see them at Head Start on Wednesday morning. Arthur is learning new words. Valerie's one and only word is "uh-oh." And she loves to say it. They are just so much fun to be around. My card tonight is for a friend who lost her grandmother the yesterday. I really need to start doing these ahead so I don't have to rack my brain when I need them.


Lots of die cuts on this card. They include: Paper Smooches Single Rose, Spellbinder's Foliage, My Favorite Things Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares, and My Favorite Things Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things Essential Sentiment Stamp set. The background is inked with Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio, and Mowed Lawn distress ink. I also added a few gold sequins.
I am entering these challenges:

Thank you for stopping by. I worked at Opportunity House this afternoon and have to open tomorrow morning. I was taking a sick friends place today. Tomorrow is a regular shift for me. I am hoping to get in another card before the end of the month. But just in case, wishing you all a very Happy and Blessed Easter!

Donna

9 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, that is a beautiful card for a difficult situation. I like to have a stash of them for that reason. For my other hat...thanks for joining the Catch the Bug Photo Inspiration Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Donna, the whole design of this is so pretty and I am sure your friend will appreciate this xx

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, this is such a pretty card... so colorful!

Pam said...

This is such a beautiful card Donna! I love dies and have purchased several lately even though I have a Silhouette and a Cricut, sometimes it is easier and quicker to use dies. I really need to make some sympathy cards to have on hand when I need them.
Oh I know you are enjoying the twins! It is so exciting to hear them say a new word and speak more clearly! Ruby sang happy birthday to grandpa the other day without skipping a beat! It was so cute!
Hugs,
Pam

Stephanie said...

Very Pretty, thanks for playing along at Catch the Bug.

Tammy Miller said...

Love this project! Thanks so much for joining us for our Photo Challenge, I you will join us again soon!

Janice said...

Such a gorgeous pastel card Donna, perfect for the occasion.

CraftyNatalie said...

A very pretty card for a difficult time. Thanks for joining us at Through the craft room door this week.

Stephanie said...

Very pretty card, thanks for playing along at Catch The Bug this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...