Saturday, May 6, 2017

Rain, Rain Go Away

It's been raining here for several days. We are definitely sun deprived. More rain coming tomorrow and next week. So my card today for the new Catch the Bug anything goes challenge uses one of the new release images called Brat Boy Spring Umbrella (on sale right now at a reduced price). He is such a cutie. There is a little girl image too.


For the background clouds I used the technique that I did a tutorial on in April. The clouds are inked on the base of the card. The sentiment from Create with TLC was die cut from Gina Marie Designs Wine Label die. I inked the wine label also to match the cloud background. The Brat Boy image was printed and colored with Spectrum Noir and Copic markers and then fussy cut to be popped up from the card. I reall like this card. I think the sentiment is so funny! I hope you'll join us this week at Catch the Bug challenge blog for our easy peasy anything goes challenge. 
I am entering these challenges:
Thanks fror stopping by. This is the second of my posts today. Check out my post for the new challenge at Imagine That! Creative Playground. Enjoy your weekend!

Donna




11 comments:

Kristine said...

LOLOL!!!! cute card, but the last part of the sentiment cracked me up - dontcha just love "tag-ons"? too funny! Saw a FB pic of my friend's car this morning, with her window just barely down a few inches, a bird pooped and the wind carried it into the car all over the passenger's seat. LOL!!

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, great cloud background. Your cloud is just darling. Just think you will be getting some beautiful flowers soon when the sun does come out. Have a great weekend.

Pam said...

I love your adorable card Donna! The image is darling and I love the bright yellow and soft blue, cute sentiment too!
It has been rainy on and off here too. Today is very windy, chilly and sunny.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh Donna,I love that stormy sky and the little Brat Boy is adorable. Delightful sentiment too!
hugs
Glenda

Carolyn King said...

Wow...that cloud background is fabulous! Love the whole thing. We are in the same BOAT (get it...rain!) Hopefully we get better weather soon!!

Debbie said...

This made me LOL because we've has so much rain... and this may or may not have happened! ;)
Wonderful card!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Patti said...

What a great card and saying Donna!!! I love it! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Stef H said...

cute card and fabulous sentiment.
i take the dog with me everywhere i go - tho i DO NOT take her into any of the places i go too. she waits in the car so my window is ALWAYS open. i DO NOT take her on hot or cold days. i registered her as a therapy do because i was finding NO PET FRIENDLY places to rent if i decide to sell my house (which i won't be doing).

enjoy those twins. they grow up sooooooo fast! the sun will come out tomorrow.... it always does!

have a great week.

hugs :)

Kylie said...

Those clouds are seriously amazing. What a great job you have done. The image is adorable and I love that sentiment. Your card isn't quite CAS but it is so fun! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Anne said...

Hi Donna
What a fun card. I love funny sentiments and this is a good one :). The cloud technique looks super as a background for your bright digi, but this has a few too many layers and too little 'white space' to make a clean and simple card for me.
Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers for our clean and simple challenge
Anne

BożenA said...

WOW! Your clouds look stunning! I thought it was a ready-made designer paper, then I read that it was your work. I'm impressed with your skills. I also like the color combination. Blue and yellow are like the sky and the sun. This card is very cheerful and cheerful. Too bad it does not meet the requirements of the CAS card, too much was happening there. Waiting impatiently for your next entrances.
BożenA DT HLS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...