Friday, June 25, 2021

Cutting Hedge Technology

 So sorry it's taken me so long to get back to making cards. When life happens it happens big around here. Way too many things going on and more to come I'm sure. But today I made myself take some time to do some of the progressive challenges that are expiring very soon. (How did it get to be the end of June already?) This one is for the Imagine That Stamp of the Month!


The stamp set this month is called The Lawn Ranger; super cute! I love puns so this sentiment caught my eye right away. The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers with an inked background (Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn distress inks). I die cut the image with MFT Square dies but then decided to cut the right and left edges to make more of my background paper visible. The leafy paper is from my stash that I got at a thrift store. The card base is green card stock. The sentiment is from the same set and inked with Mowed Lane distress ink. I am entering these challenges:
I am hoping that after dinner I get back to my desk. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Just in case you are wondering about my absence, on June 1st our twin grand children moved in with us with their mother for 16 days. Lots of laundry, dishes and clean up and no time for crafts! After that it was getting caught up with our volunteering jobs. And by the following weekend we decided to go out to our other property and just take a break from everything. The night we arrived we just got everything unloaded when it started to rain. By the morning our rain gauge had fallen over so we knew that we had more than 4 inches of rain. The creeks were flooded and we couldn't get out. The electricity went out Saturday morning and wasn't restored until Monday morning. Out for more than 48 hours. We do have a generator and could keep our refrigerator running. After the creeks went down enough that we could get back into town we decided to come home (where we had electricity) and loan out generator to a neighbor that lives out there full time for his frig. At home our rain gauge registered more than 5 inches. Trees had come down and it was clean up time. Never a dull moment. More rain expected this weekend and most of next week. It's either fast or famine. That's just a few of the bigger things we've been dealing with. Hope your life has been calmer. Take care. I hope to be back soon. Peace and all good!

Donna


11 comments:

Stef H said...

great creations.
OMWord. when it rains it pours (no pun intended). so sorry for your troubles but thankful you are all OK.
not much going on around here. i pretty much stay home most of the time except for a ride down to the mailbox (we have community boxes) and then that's maybe every 3 days; once in awhile to Dollar General for a few items; and to church service every sunday. life sure has changed since the pandemic and don't get me started on that. FYI... I AM NOT GETTING THE VACCINE. fortunately for me, i have not been sick nor have i had a cold since the winter of 2019. Vit. C & D3, Zinc and a B12 and i've been in good health. GOD IS GOOD.
keeping you in my prayers.
hugs

designbydonna said...

I love that image. Great job coloring. I actually used that image for my husband's birthday card as he love landscaping and lawn care. Your leafy background is perfect.

Margreet said...

Great take on the sketch and great colouring of the lovely image.
Thanks for joining Tuesday Morning Sketches.
xxx Margreet DT

Debi said...

Great job, Donna! That is a pretty punny sentiment. Glad I got that set, too. Wonderful coloring on that digi. Thanks so much for sharing with everyone at Tuesday Morning Sketches. It's a shame you couldn't have shared a bit of that rain because some places could really use it. Glad you were prepared with the generator and eventually got back home.
Debi TMS DT

Melissa Craig said...

Awww, super cute card. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Wow! You have been going through it! Hoping for better days ahead!
Love this punny card!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Kinjal Trivedi said...

Hi Donna! First, looks like you have a lot on your plate, and I am glad you did find sometime to craft. Which leads me to the second point, the card is so lovely and yes the sentiment is just so cool. This can be a lovely 'masculine' theme card for a lot of us struggling to make :) Thank you for taking the time to enter in the challenge. Hoping you get some relief and more time to create your beautiful creations and spend time with your loved ones! Take care.
Hugs, Kinjal - DT Penny's paper crafty challenge

Kristine said...

What a CUTE card Donna, I love the sky/clouds and grass and the whole card is just vibrant and fun. But Oh my goodness, that's been a doozy of a month for you guys! Funny, one of this month's digi sentiments is "The grass is always greener...." how true! We are wishing for rain over here in Central Oregon - it's been in the 100's all week, highest was I think 113 or 114! Sorry you got flooded though, no power is not fun. Anywho... hope this next month goes smoother and drier for y'all!
Thanks for taking time to play at IMAGINE THAT DIGISTAMP!
xKrisB

Maria Valente said...

Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenges xx

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fun card and image Donna, great work!

Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts, I hope you join us again this week!

Jana Forrest said...

First let me say I am glad you and your family are safe and sound. I love puns also and your card is super! Thank you for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...