Thursday, August 20, 2020

Chase the Falling Leaves

 I can't believe it's been an entire week since I posted. I have been crafting but I didn't take pictures. I made 40 thank you cards this past week for Teacher's Warehouse. They give them to the teachers and ask them to send a thank you to donors and volunteers. They went though 250 thank you cards during our first few weeks open so I said I'd make some simple ones that I could mass produce and I used a lot of images and sentiments that I already had printed/stamped and colored so that I could make a lot of cards in a short time. But tonight I wanted to make a card for my stash and here's what I came up with.


The leaves are from Lawn Fawn called Stitched Leaves. I die cut the leaves from paper that I got from Teacher's Warehouse (TW). They had a huge amount of paper and gave me a big box of the excess. None of it is printed with the manufacturer. The background paper is from the TW stash and die cut with the A2 stitched die from MFT Blueprint 13 (retired). The sentiment is from Create with TLC. I used an EK Success punch to punch out the sentiment and then inked it with distress oxide inks: Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber and Orange Marmalade. I mounted the front on a brown base card stock. I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. I will try to get some other cards completed this weekend as I have a few birthdays coming up soon. I hope you are stay safe and healthy. God bless!

Donna


5 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Loving those fall colours and your interpretation of the sketch, well done! I often find sketch challenges hard to do, I get too literal( I would use a circle instead of leaves, I like your way!). Keep safe!
big hugs
Glenda

Pam said...

What a lovely Fall card! I love the background and the beautiful leaves!
Donna, thank you so much for the darling card that you made and sent to me! It was so very thoughtful of you and means a lot to me! I just love it!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Wow! You've been busy!!
Your card is beautiful! I love the leaves rather than circles!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

Very pretty card! Love the Fall colors. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Creations in paper said...

Great card! Love the colors you have for the leaves. Really look like Fall leaves. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...