Monday, February 10, 2020

Love Warms Your Heart

I saw this wonderful card at KT Fit Kitty's blog the other day, and wanted to use the same image since Snow Kisses is one of my favorite images from Scribbles Designs. Although Kitty did a much nicer job on her card, I needed a Valentine for little Arthur, my grandson. My last Valentine card that I need for this year's Valentines.

Arthur can be a little snuggler at times and in his alphabet, P is for penguin, so I thought this was perfect for him. I colored the image with American Craft markers. The hats have Ruby Stickles for the brim and balls. The background is inked with Salty Ocean Distress Ink and my blending brushes. The sentiment is from Create with TLC. I punched a bunch of these hearts out earlier this week. I covered this heart with Spectrum Noir Clear Crystal glitter. One of my goals this year is to use up as many scraps as possible. The snowflake paper is from my scrap box. The band of snowflakes is a die cut sent to me by one of my friends. Thanks to KT Fit Kitty for the inspiration for my card! I am entering these challenges:
I finished writing the rest of my Valentines tonight. Getting them out kind of late but not creating in January while on vacation kind of put me behind. Yesterday we had the twins most of the day. Took them to Wonderlab our local Children's Science Center. They had a ball. Tomorrow morning I'm volunteering as a cashier at Opportunity House. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'll get time to craft. Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed day!

Donna

12 comments:

Lori m said...

Awesome card so sweet, hugs, Lori m

Darlene said...

So adorable ... your card looks fabulous! Isn't it nice to be inspired by our crafting friends! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

pssmitty papercrafts said...

What a sweet card! I love using up scraps too when I'm creating cards. I'm sure your grandson will love this card. Thank you for sharing with AHSC.

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Donna, that's such a perfect image for a grandson. Fab coloring! Thanks so much for supporting and playing in our "Anything Goes with a Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Good luck.
NanaConnie DT

Pam said...

This is so sweet, I'm sure Arthur will love it! Ruby loves penguins. They are one of her favorite attractions at Sea World. Don't you just love those snuggles!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

KT Fit Kitty said...

Aaaw, thanks so much for the kind words, Donna! You are a sweetie! So happy I could inspire you! This image is so cute and fun, and I love your gorgeous inky background! This image works perfectly for a Valentine! Arthur will be over the moon! Adorable card! We might have a white Valentine's Day here - it's snowing heavily right now!

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute card, it just makes me smile. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


Melanie Hungerford said...

Very cute card and a nice take on the sketch! Glad you joined us at AHSC.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Those kissing winter creatures are so stinkin' cute! I love how you featured them in the AHSC sketch. This card really made me smile. Thanks so much for playing along with Atlantic Hearts this week--please join us again soon!
:) Marie

Jessica K said...

So cute! Love that little snowman. Thanks for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts! Good luck!

Brandi said...

So adorable! I love the colours! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

NickScrapShack said...

This is so sweet! I love the colours you picked for this card. And of course the image (one of my favs)
Thank you so much for playing along with as at SCRIBBLES DESIGN. Best of luck with your entry! Nick DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...