Thursday, August 15, 2019

Humorous Challenge for the Dueling Darlings

Happy Thursday! The week is flying by. But the 15th of the month is always the best time as the Divas and the Dazzlers face off in our monthly challenge. This month Jeanette (Dazzlers) and Kelly (Divas) sent us a kit with the theme of "humorous." I'm a Dazzler so I received Jeanette's kit. Here's what we had to work with:
  • Images and sentiments: Taylored Expressions Adventure Land stamp set (stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Recollections 110#White CS)
  • Dies Taylored Expressions "Wish"
  • Punched Pieces: Stampin' Up! Photo Corners
  • Designer Paper: DCWV Birthday, Paper Studio Pink Lemonade (Banners), Simple Stories Say Cheese (Cameras), and others from unknown vendors
  • Ribbons: Amuse Studio Bubble Gum Pink and two others from Celebrate It
  • Embellishments: Tim Holtz Giggles Ticket and other items from unknown vendors
So we had an amazing assortment to work with (Thanks Jeanette!). Here's my card:


So I used two of the designer papers on my card. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers. I used Spellbinder's ATC card dies to die cut the image and MFT Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips to die cut the sentiment. The DP is backed with black card stock and the base is a blue card stock to match the striped paper although the photo of the inside doesn't make it look like the same color. I used several of the embellishments provided.


One of the embellishments that Jeanette provided was some fun confetti for a shaker card. While I didn't make a shaker card I did use some the confetti pieces on the inside decorations. I hope you'll check out what all the Dazzlers and Divas created. Their links can be found on the right side of my blog. Thanks to Jeanette for the fun kit!
I am entering these challenges:
Waving "Hi!" to all the Divas and Dazzlers visiting. Thanks for stopping by!

Donna



13 comments:

Lori m said...

LOL looks like a whole heap of fun, adorable card, hugs, Lori m

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, this card is adorable and of course I love the way everything is layered with black CS. ;) Thank you for dazzling us this month.

Shelly Schmidt said...

How awesome!!! Love your layout! And, love the inners as well! Such a fun duel!!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

The blue and yellow DPs just make the card pop! The touch of black layering looks really good. A fun card indeed!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a fun card. You sure managed to use a lot of embellishments in such a pleasing manner. Hurray for you!

Terry Ladwig said...

I am seriously loving the cards made from this kit! Yours is super cute!

Brandi said...

I love that roller coaster stamp, so adorable. Great card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

pssmitty papercrafts said...

This is just the cutest stamps set! Your card screams fun & is going to bring a big smile to someone! Thanks for joining AHSC this week.

Pam said...

What a cute and fun card! I love the cute image! Cute layout as well. I did a card several years ago with a Bugaboo roller coaster image and it was fun to work with!
I just returned home from 2 weeks in Florida.
Hugs
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Carol W said...

I love the layout you used and the color combo from the kit is awesome. This card is absolutely wonderful.

Barb said...

Love this card--it just makes me smile! Sorry I am late in making the rounds......................

terry serman said...

Great layout! I wanted to use the photo corners but couldn't figure out how! Love this!

HeatherB said...

Oh my gosh! What a great image!!! Lovely card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...