Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Father's Day

Hello and thanks for stopping by. I know I've been erratic at posting lately and it's going to get worse over the next month before it gets better. Next week is Girl Scout Day Camp so I'm trying to get my act together for that event. Tom and I are resource people this year. Two days we'll be making Crayon Slime and the other two days we'll be talking about and making survival kits with about 200 girls. It's always a busy week! Two weeks after that we have Tom's retirement party. I have tons to get ready for that before the big day. It might calm down a bit after the retirement party. At least one can hope.
My Dad has been deceased for years but we are still blessed to have Tom's Dad with us still. So here's my very easy card that I made for him.


I loved this sentiment so I made it the focal point of the card. The little took box is from Patties Creations. Dad was a carpenter and tools still play a huge part in his life. I liked the wood panel designer paper from my stash. I backed everything with black card stock. Pretty simple but my husband liked it.
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me tonight. I am off to see what else I can get done. I made myself a long list this morning and accomplished a lot but still not quite done for the day. Hope you are heading for a wonderful "middle of the week." Tomorrow Tom and I will go play with the kiddos at Head Start. Take care!

Donna

9 comments:

debby4000 said...

What a great sentiment and fabulous card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Lori m said...

Beautiful card and sentiment. Congrats to your hubby on his retirement and how awesome for your work with the scouts. Hugs, Lori m

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for sharing your Fathers Day card with us. It’s so lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Men/Boys’ theme … great sentiment too. It will certainly brighten Toms Dads day!
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Wendy L said...

Super sentiment as your focal point, great card for our challenge at Crafty Friends, xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Sounds like you are busy, busy which is always a good thing I think (just remember to have some down time too). Love your card and that fabulous sentiment.
hugs
Glenda

Pam said...

This card is just beautiful Donna! This is my second Father's Day without my Dad. I miss him so much!
I hope Valerie is feeling better. So worrisome when a little one is sick.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Margaret Mifsud said...

What a fabulous card! I so love the sentiment! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

J said...

What a great card! That sentiment is spot on and very inspirational. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Jackie

Helen said...

Great card and a fab sentiment.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Made by Helen{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...