Monday, June 3, 2019

It's All About the Cake

Happy Monday to all! It's hard to believe we are headed into June. Our school system is already out for the summer and the kids are running around the neighborhood. I managed some time at my desk today and finished a card.

The cupcake and sentiment was a freebie from Pattie's Creations for the monthly challenge. I colored them with Spectrum Noir Markers. The plaid paper is from my stash. I used some kraft card stock for the base and some green card stock as an accent for the image. The cupcake is die cut with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares. I cut it twice to get a more rectangular shape. The corner accents are from Spellbinder's Lattice Pendant dies and accented with self-adhesive gems in green and pink.
I am entering these challenges:
We filled the little pool for the twins yesterday. They had a ball pouring water from one container to another and playing with some little plastic fish. We bought swim suits off season when they were 90% off and they are a bit too small. So I'll need to get them some new ones. Summer will definitely be fun with them. Hope your week is off to a fine start! Thanks for stopping by!

Donna

6 comments:

Pam said...

The birthday card that you created is so cute and colorful! Love the bright pink and green on the white!
Sounds like you are going to have lots of fun with the twins this Summer! I have been busy sewing for Ruby, I will post as soon as I take photos (they will be here in July) and starting some sewing projects and a baby album for our GREAT grand-baby due in October!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Pattie G said...

Donna,
I just love how you colored my FREEBIE! Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs
Pattie♥

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is a SWEET birthday card, Donna! Love the bright/yummy cupcake!

Lori m said...

Yummy ...yummy...very sweet and pretty card, hugs, Lori m

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun and sweet too! Love your color combo and the fun layout. That cupcake looks good enough to eat! The twins in the pool sounds like a blast! When my twins were that age- it was my favorite summer!

Pattie G said...

Donna,
Congratulations on winning our last challenge at Pattie's Creations. Please email me and let me know which 2 images you would like from my Etsy Store.

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...