Monday, August 7, 2017

Work of Art

Good evening or almost good night. When I finish this post I am heading to bed for sure. It's been a long day. But I wanted to share the card I finished today for a friend's birthday.


The image is from QKR Stampede called Artist Bear. I colored him with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut the image from MFT Cross Stitch Ovals. The next layer I die cut the sentiment, from Create with TLC, with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitch Rectangles.  On that layer I used 
Jack Frost Glimmer Mist (it gives the card a really nice shimmer) and then splatter painted with Fired Brick, Mustard Seed and Mowed Lawn distress ink to give it a splatter painted look. The yellow layer is a textured paper that isn't showing up in the photo. The base is blue card stock. I added a couple of brads to the image die cut and the image is popped up with foam tape.
I am entering these challenges:

Well, my bed is calling me and tomorrow is another day. Thanks for stopping by and checking our what I've been up to. Hope you had a great start to your week!

Donna

10 comments:

Doris Klein said...

Oh what cute and funny creation - It makes me smile! The image is just super cute and it's a perfect done of the sketch! I love your creation.

Thanks for playing along with this 2 Crafty Critters Crazies Challenge and good luck!

Hugs
Doris
*GDT* 2CraftyCritterCrazies
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#8 – Birthday (Summer kids are the best))
*DT* Die Sketchtanten

crafty said...

Love the sentiment and your beautifully coloured image. Thank you for sharing with us at QKR Stampede.
Mary

Michelle said...

How cute this artistic bear. Lovely colors.
Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck!!
Michelle (DT)

Stef H said...

hi donna! i cannot believe i have not been getting any of your posts. nothing from bloglovin!!! grrrr.

cute card.
love the orange one.
holy moly!!! are those twins aaaaaaa dorable or what??? and how fast they are growing. time DOES fly. jade got her period. no more little girl. now we find out what kind of PMSing she'll have - oy vey! but she's still gorgeous and still a good girl & straight A student. can't believe school starts in 2 wks. (the 18th). i'm sure glad i don't go to school now! whatever happened to 3 months off??? the day after labor day ALWAYS meant 1st day of school! go figure.

anyway, love ALL your creations!!!

have a great week.

hugs :)

NanaConnie said...

Donna, I just saw this darling card over on the Outlawz and I love what you did with the sketch! But I had to come by for a closer look and now I'm here wearing 2 different DT hats - Thanks so much for playing along with us in our "Anything Goes with a featured Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month and also for playing at QKR Stampede this week and using a QKR image. Good luck in both challenges. :-D
NanaConnie DT

Pam said...

Great card Donna! I love the cute little bear image and that splatter painted layer looks great!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Lisa Lynn said...

Great card Donna, and I'm sure your friend will appreciate it.

Sherri said...

This is just adorable! Love your coloring & the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining our weekly QKR Stampede challenge!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This card is so fantastic! I adore the sentiment you used and I like how your cute little artist bear reflects that so perfectly. And how clever of you to make the card itself look like a splattered paint palette! This made me smile and is full of so many great details. Thank you for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Desire Fourie said...

Donna this is beautifully crafted and perfect for our 13th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...