Friday, August 18, 2017

Monochromatic Magic

Back with Day 4 of MFT's Camp Create. It's been such fun watching the videos and pulling things together for some fun trying out the technique. The video used a background stamp for the monochromatic technique. I didn't have any background stamps from MFT so I used one from Penny Black.

The background stamp is Penny Black's Allover Pattern. I used Altenew inks in rose quartz, puffy heart and purple wishes colors. To finish off the card I used MFT Happy Hippos stamps and dies. I stamped the hippo in Memento Black ink and colored with Spectrum Noir markers. The sentiment was stamped in the purple wishes ink and then I added a bit of twine for some interest. Love the background!
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me today! It's a busy day and I wanted to make sure I got this posted. I'll be with the twins most of the weekend so I don;t know how much crafting I'll get in. Hope your weekend is splendid!

Donna

8 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, love your technique and your card is gorgeous.

Doris Klein said...

Aaaaaaaawww, the little hippo is just super cute! Lovely girly make and I love the background! Pretty creation...

Thanks for playing along with this 2 Crafty Critters Crazies Challenge and good luck!

Hugs
Doris
*GDT* 2CraftyCritterCrazies
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#8 – Birthday (Summer kids are the best))
*DT* Die Sketchtanten

Pam said...

What a great card! I love the technique that you used and that adorable little hippo!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

NanaConnie said...

Simple design and fantastic background stamp, Donna! Love that darling little hippo. :-D Thanks so much for playing along with us in our "Anything Goes with a featured Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month.
NanaConnie DT

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Donna! The image is adorable and I love the background you've created.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Stef H said...

o this card is fabulous ... and too cute!

i saw NOTHING of the eclipse. i did NOT venture even into my yard as (1) i didn't have the glasses (which i purposefully did not get); (2) i didn't want puppy outside during it and (3) we had very overcast skies. it didn't even get dark in my yard! however, some neighbors around the block said they caught some of it for a few seconds when the clouds cleared! call me old. i made cards during it all LOL.

have a fabulous week!

hugs :)

Crafty Pearly said...

Beautiful make. I adore everything about it. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Animals. Hugs Traci DT xx

Rae Ann said...

The ombre background is so awesome! It makes a great backdrop for this sweet hippo! The grey is a great contrast to the white and pink.

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts for our Bingo challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...