Monday, January 5, 2015

You've Caught my Heart

Today was definitely a winter day. We had a dusting of snow this morning but we have 1-3 inches coming in tonight. So I must have been in a wintry mood tonight because that was the direction my card took.

The image is from DeeDee's Digi Stamps and is free this month. If you use the image you get the next free set in February. I love the image and the sentiment is part of the set also. I cut the image from Law Fawn's stitched banner die and used a Simon Says tag die. On the background I used a Simon Says snowflake stencil and inked around the stencil to create the background. I added some ric rac through the banner. I really like the way this one turned out. Hope you like it too.

I  am entering these challenges:
Be sure to check out the free digi set at Deedee's blog and the special offer she has. Happy Monday to you all! Thanks for stopping by to see what I am up to. Travel safely and stay warm. And make it an awesome week!

Donna

6 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this sweet card! The die cut for the sentiment is great. I'll have to check out the challenge this month- hope I have time to play along! Are you getting snow?

Glenda said...

Your card is so cute! I love the cute little image. Oh my goodness...snow! Stay warm!

Stef H said...

this is fabulous. i haven't been to deedee's in ages. must stop in and say hi and wish her well.

about 4 inches of snow... soft, fluffy snow. easy shovel. yay.

stay warm.

hugs :)

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

What a fun card you've created, Donna! Love the blue and pink together and the cute sentiment too...adorable! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.
Sara

Donna Hanley said...

I, too, like the way your card turned out. I really like that you put the ric rac through the banner. I really need to get some of those stitched dies. Something so little as stitching really does add so much to a piece. Great job with the embossed/inked background. So glad you could paly along with us this month at Deedee's DOM challenge. Hope to see you again next month.

Carol L said...

The background you created is perfect for this fun little card! The sentiment panel looks great in pink and I love the stitched banner with that ric-rac panel! Great work on this one! Thanks for playing along with Deedee's January challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...