Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Meerkat Happy Birthday

 Where did September go? I couldn't believe that I haven't made one card in September. And I told myself at the beginning of the month that I wasn't going to wait until the last minute to do my progressive challenges, but here I am; last minute once again.  But I managed to make a card I like, even though I feel like I've regressed since I stopped making cards. 


This adorable little guy is from Imagine That Digital Stamps called Meerkats. Lots of fun images and sentiments in this set. I needed a birthday card so I didn't use the sentiments from the set. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers. Then I created the background by drawing the horizon line and coloring the "grass" and using MFT Cloudy Day stencil to ink the clouds with Salty Ocean Distress Ink. The base and layering are brown card stock. The background paper is from American Crafts Animal Prints Collection. I found some brown ric rac in my stash. The sentiment is from a retired set from Gina K Designs called Heartily Yours Additions by Nina Brackett, die cut with Quikcutz Tags, and inked with Tea Dye Distress Ink. To finish off the design and give it some sparkle I used Now and Then sparkly gold enamel dots. 
I am entering these challenges:
One down and one to go. Why do I do this to myself? Haha! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are safe and healthy! Peace and all goos!

Donna


4 comments:

Francesca said...

Very cute! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

Jinny said...

Adorable card, Donna! Great take on the sketch, too. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

OlgaB said...

Lovely colouring!
Thank you for joining SSW2
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

Kathie said...

Oh, Donna, your Meerkat is so darn cute, I would really love one for a pet, but I can't see that happening. Love your card this is a great image and the design paper you chose works perfectly together and so do your embellishments. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT
From New Zealand

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...