Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Hello Pumpkin

It's already the 15th of October and time for another Dueling Darlings showcase! This month our challenge hostesses were Barb and Tracie. Tracie wrote: How could we not celebrate fall for the month of October? So Barb and I decided our theme for October is "Pumpkins."
Here's what was included in the kit:

  • Image and sentiment are from Newton's Nook Designs called Harvest Tails; stamped on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
  • The designer paper is called Autumn Splendor by Simple Stories.
  • Embellishments: ribbon is Pumpkin Pie from Stampin' Up, Flowers from Prima Flowers, twine and button from her stash.
I made 2 cards with Tracie's awesome kit. I colored both images the same with a mixture of Bic, American and Spectrum Noir markers. Here's the first card
:

I fussy cut the image after coloring and made a beeline for the plaid paper that Tracie included. (I LOVE plaid paper!) The 4 squares are die cut with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares. I used a different sentiment from Jillibean Soup's Jar Goodness. I added the pumpkins included in the kit to the middle of each square. I am entering these challenges:
Now for card #2.

For this card I just squared up the image with my paper trimmers. I distressed the image and sentiment with Gathered Twigs Distress ink. The scalloped border is from  a Stampin' Up punch. The sentiment is die cut with Impression Obsession Mini Rectangle Tags 2. I am entering these challenges:
I hope you will check out all the dueling cards today. The links are in my right hand column. It's always a treat to see how the same materials can look so different on the cards. Thanks for stopping by today!

Donna

20 comments:

Lori m said...

Beautiful cards, I love anything fall and the fall colors, hugs, Lori m

Dawn Phillips said...

Beautiful couple of autumn cards. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

Michelle B. said...

I adore the fall colors you've chosen! Fab layout and adorable image! So glad you joined us at Creative Knockouts!

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Love your card, the contrasting plaid and dot papers is perfect, images are super cute! Thanks for submitting to AHSC.

creationsnz said...

Both cards are super and you've used the materials beautifully. I, too, love plaid … and dots … and stripes … So glad you shared with us at 2CraftyCritterCrazies, come back soon. CarolG

Tracie said...

Such adorable cards. You did such a great job with the images. Thanks for playing along with my challenge.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

How darling are these cards! I love the design and how you used your pumpkins in your first card. You made the image stand out so well I said to myself, "I didn't get a wagon" so I had to look at my card red-faced and said, "yup, I did".

terry serman said...

Love both of these! Great use of the dp for the 4 squares and pumpkins!

Marie Bingaman said...

Both of your cards are super cute! Thanks for joining us for the Stella Says Sketch challenge, and good luck! :)

~Marie B -DT

Darlene said...

Awwwww how adorable ... love both cards! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Darlene
ALPHABET CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Barb said...

So very cute! I love the layout and that sketch is perfect for the image!

Dena J said...

Love those stitched squares and the plaid paper! Great autumn card and great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at AHSC this week.

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, these are adorable. That stamp is just too cute. You have been busy lately...well you are always busy...just posting cards again, lol. Now for my other role..Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Challenge and Stella Says Sketch Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT

Pia S said...

Both cards are just lovely. Cute deer, great colors and patterns for a warm and cozy autumnal feel. Thanks for joining our challenges at Catch the Bug.

Unknown said...

Great creations. Love them both. Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the bug for our “Happy Fall Y’all
Ans Stella Says Sketch challenges. Good luck.
Lynn aka LYnnpenguin

Carol W said...

Wow Donna 2 cards. They are both amazing. Love the layouts you chose. So fun.

Brandi said...

So adorable, I love them both! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Cazro said...

A super cute autumnal card, loving the images. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness.... two awesome cards! So cute!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Donna, I love me some plaid paper too! I like how you placed the DP and the fussy cutting is just perfect. Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...