Thursday, October 13, 2016

Update on the Twins

It's been more than a week since I've had time to sit down at my desk to create anything. And I apologize for not getting around to very many blogs this week. I've been running back and forth to the hospital every day. Tricia was discharged on Monday from the hospital but since the twins remain in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), they let her stay at the hospital to feed and help care for the babies. But they won't give her any meals so we have to make sure that she gets three meals a day. I am exhausted by the time the evening rolls around. The weekend of October 21st we have to move them into their two-bedroom apartment; another exhausting task since she didn't have time to pack much before the babies were born.
The babies do remain in the NICU but Arthur has been taken off the respirator and is breathing on his own. He developed acid reflux and they are using a special pump for feeding him. Here's a picture of our cute little Arthur.


His sister, Valerie, developed jaundice and was under ultraviolet lights for a day. She's the tiny one. Her entire head is no bigger than my fist. But she was breathing on her own since birth so if she can start gaining weight she'd be doing wonderfully. This picture makes it look like Valerie is bigger than Arthur. Reality is quite the opposite. Valerie is almost a pound under Arthur's weight.


So as long as they don't develop any other problems they just need to gain weight. I'm sure they won't let them go home until they are over 5 lbs. So it's going to take some time. Hopefully we'll get some better pictures of Valerie soon. 
Thanks for hanging in with me. I hope that I get to create something soon. I've never gotten to play much with my Wild Card class but I hope to get back to that soon. Hope your week is going great!

Hugs,

Donna


8 comments:

Pam said...

How absolutely precious!!! No worries about you not being around to comment, you are right where you need to be helping Tricia and those darling new little babies. I am so happy for all of you and so happy that Arthur and Valerie are doing well!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Thank you for the update of the twins. Wow! Some one needs to fix you done meals and find time for u to rest. They are beautiful! So excited for you all even during this trying time

Rosie Guiher said...

They are adorable Donna! Praying they gain weight and can leave soon.

Glenda Atkins said...

They are indeed beautiful,precious babies Donna. Hope the time can quickly come that things improve and you can relax a bit. It will all be so worth while, but stressful in the meantime. Hang in there!
hugs
Glenda

Borqna said...

Good luck!

MaryH said...

Oh my! Congratulations to your family on these beautiful new additions. And thanks for sharing their sweet little pictures with Blogland. I can imagine that ALL of you are worn out with going to & fro, and concern over the weight gain. Best wishes that each little angel will eat well, and rapidly get to the dismissal weight of 5+ lbs, and then the fun will really begin. Good for you, that you are there to help out and do lots of cuddling. That's the best part, the cuddling!!! God Bless, TFS & Hugs

Shelly Schmidt said...

How sweet! I just love the pics : )

Debbie said...

I was scrolling down hoping to find some baby pics. :)
They are so adorable!! I'm sure it's very hard to have them still in the hospital, but then you'll know they are strong and healthy when they get to come home. What a double blessing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...