Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Graduation and a Little Christmas

Happy Tuesday! It's so nice to be on vacation. I am finishing up everything I need to do for the wedding this week. I had to visit Michael's again today to get more of the burlap and lace that I am using for the centerpieces. I ran out late last night. But they are almost finished. I have a couple cards today for challenges that I wanted to play in before the end of the month. We only had one invitation for graduation this year so my lone graduation card will be mailed tomorrow.

I used a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set and some paper that I found in my stash. I die cut the numbers in maroon. The school colors are maroon and gold. All three of my kids graduated from this high school. Pretty easy and simple.
I am entering these challenges:

My second card for this post is a really simple one. I decided to keep this really simple because of time constraints and it's the last of my progressive challenges for the month. 

Since the little girl has holly leaves in her hair and a present next to her I took this as a Christmas image. The image is from Ppinky Dolls and is the progressive image for the month of May at The Outlawz site. And she looked so sad to me that I paired her up with a missing you sentiment from MFP Stamp Shop. I matched the green of the base card and added some green touches with a Copic marker to the image and embossed the Missing You! sentiment. And  I added a faux stitch border around the edge. This will be for one of my friends who I never get to see at Christmas time. I am entering it into the progressive challenge at The Outlawz.
Well, that's it for me today. I have my son and new daughter-in-law's wedding card to show you yet. I am super happy about the way it turned out and can't wait to share it. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Donna

4 comments:

Rosie Guiher said...

Donna your graduation card is so nice love the paper. And your little girl one is just darling. Wish mine turnedout as nice,lol.
How do you keep track of all the challenge's you do with work and a wedding?

Kathy S said...

Great Grad Card! So cheerful and bright. Thanks for sharing this with us at Cards in Envy - Take care.

Tina Goodwin said...

Super fun cards! I love Ppinkydolls! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs,
Tina
TTCRD DT
Toadally Love To Craft {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

CraftyGirl said...

Great Graduation card! I am very glad you joined us this week at TSB. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
The Stamping Boutique Design Team Member

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...