Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Dad is my Super Hero

I can hardly believe that this is my first card in June. I missed my hubby's birthday yesterday. Poor thing didn't get a card this year. Getting ready for Girl Scout day camp next week. It's taking everything I have to get it together. This card is going out to Tom's Dad tomorrow. I hope he likes it.

This is the adorable image for the From the Heart challenge this month called Super Birdbrain. It comes with some awesome sentiments like the one I used. I colored him with Copic markers (R29, R46, B29 and Y08). I used the Sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. I used me Stars embossing folder and some patriotic designer paper. And added some twine to match the sketch.

I am entering these challenges:
Well, I apologize for my lengthy absences but I probably won;t be around much until after camp finished on June 20th. We have 210+ girls this year. I'm in charge of all resources and activities. I do have everyone's schedule in line now but now it's collecting all the materials needed. Lots of stuff to do ahead. And my neighborhood is having a garage sale this weekend and my daughter decided she would do it but she is expecting me to get things together for it. Never a dull moment! Hope your week is going well. I'll be back to see you all after camp!

Donna

12 comments:

Glenda said...

How cute is this! I love the little image and the red, white, and blue stripe paper is awesome!

Imke said...

Great take with the "Super Birdbrain". The embossed star background fits great.

Thanks for joining our SOTM June 2014 Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Stef H said...

i was just coming to look for you. been missing you. glad all is well tho. enjoy GS camp. alls well here. i joined WW and am down 10 lbs in 3 wks. yep, i'm a happy camper. getting ready for our community garage sales which start tomorrow and boy, now i know why i NEVER participate. what alot of work! but i'm having fun anyway. been raining for the past 2 days. hope it stops for the sales.

have a great week. catch up soon.

hugs :)

.... cute card!

Debbie said...

Oh I love this image and sentiment!!! Awesome father's day card!!
Thanks so much for playing along with our masculine challenge at TMS!!

Michelle said...

Awesome card! Love the embossing and how you colored the image. It all comes together so well!
Thanks for joining the SOTM challenge @ From The Heart Stamps.

Andrea W said...

Fantastic card! The primary colors are very eye catching and I love the super cute image.

Jessi Fogan said...

Enjoy camp! (And enjoy the relief & relaxation when it's finished!) Those are definitely the activities kids remember all their lives - how cool to be a part of that!!
I love the sentiment on this - so true! And that great Birdbrain, and the star embossing - altogether a fabulous fun card :) THanks so much for coming to play with us at TMS!!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Too, too funny! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this fun image- bet he loved this card! I am slow to get around- just got a new computer set up..... I hope the Girl Scout camp goes smoothly : ) My youngest was home for a few weeks from school and organized a garage sale- rock bottom prices too- she did a great job and made more than I thought she would!

Anonymous said...

FUN! Love the fun colors and great layout/papers! So glad you joined the SOTM Challenge at From the Heart Stamps!
Lyn

Kelly L said...

Love the red, white and blue with our SuperHero Birdbrain (aka Dad). Sounds like you are pretty busy this summer ... take care and hope you find some crafting time for yourself too. thanks for joining us at FTH's June SOTM Challenge. Hugs, Kelly (FTH GDT)

Pat (mspfd) said...

So glad to see you are back to crafting! What a fun image and great design. Your father-in-law will love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...