Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What a Difference a Day Makes

Today was my conference to be re-assigned in my job. Everything went well and I still have a job (good news!). They said several people asked to have me transferred to their department. Apparently I was in high demand so that made me feel good. They actually formed a new area within the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (OVPUE) so I will be moving from the Registrar's Office to OVPUE with 5 of my co-workers to form the new Office of Research and Assessment. A real challenge ahead. We won't be moving to our new location until July except this week we are moving to a temporary location since they will begin remodeling our current location. It's such a mess. But I am glad that we at least know where we are going and the wait is over.

On another note I have been taking a Cricut course. I've had my Cricut for about a year and a half and hadn't done very much with it. So I decided to take this class to learn more about it. The final assignment was  a scrap book page but since I don't scrap book the teacher is converting the instructions to a card for me. For practice I made this card.

I used the George cartridge to make the card. I need more practice but I learned a lot about cutting and using different paper sizes. It was very informative. I'm looking forward to creating some things with other cartridges too.

And lastly my beloved Cuttlebug gave up the ghost at the workshop I attended last weekend so I needed a new die cut machine. I found a Grand Calibur at Michaels. They had a sale that if you bought a Spellbinder's product you got another one at 50% off. I really didn't want to buy a second product so I took the Grand Calibur to the checkout and also presented the 40% off coupon. Woo hoo, they took $56 off the price and I got the Grand Calibur for less than $90. I was thrilled! I've only made one cut so far but I cut two different pieces on an 8 1/2 by 11 paper. I love it!

Hope your Tuesday was great! Tomorrow is hump day and I am so looking forward to being on the down side of the week. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my busy day.

Donna

3 comments:

Lorie said...

So glad to hear all is good at work! Your card is fun. I never use my Cricut with cartridges...only with SVG's and Sure Cuts A Lot before they couldn't make it for a Cricut anymore. Great job on getting an amazing deal!

Carolyn King said...

Great news on the job front :) Love your adorable card....cutting machines are so fun.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love your Ciruit cut card, nicely done! I would love a Grand Calibur, I'm sure you will have fun with yours and! lucky you getting such a great deal on one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...