Sunday, September 19, 2010

Favorite Fall Memory

This weekend Gina K is looking for her next guest designer and the challenge this month is to depict your favorite fall memory. This was an easy one for me. When my children were younger we used to go camping with my DH's parents on the Saturday before Halloween. We would camp at Spring Mill State Park and on that weekend they had special celebrations throughout the park and at the campgrounds. We'd stroll through the Pioneer Village and participate in decorating a scarecrow or carving a pumpkin. And at the campground, we'd go for a hayride and decorate our campsite. It was just great fun for all of us and we looked forward to it every year. So my card is centered around those fall memories.

This is a masculine card for my son. He's just landed a new job and I think he's very much a happy camper right now. I am hoping to remind him of great times in the past and wishes for continued good times in the future.
I used Theresa Momber's stamps from Happy Camper (the tent, trees and sentiment) and paired them with Carolyn King's Whimsical Autumn (the pumpkin). The gorgeous fall background paper is from the Paper Studio covering the basic card made with Gina K Pure Luxury white card stock. Definitely a CAS card.
Well, this is definitely my last entry for today. The Colts are beating the Giants so far but I have to go cheer on my team. Have a wonderful start to your week!

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Another great card and fun memories...thanks for sharing! It is hard for me to watch the brothers play...who do you cheer for really? They are both such good boys!

Janice M said...

Great card! Your son will Love it!

Lilacanglia said...

Fantastic card,
sorry I missed your birthday, hope you had a wonderful one,
Hugs
Angie

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Awesome masculine card! TFS your fall memories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...