Wednesday, April 28, 2010

MIA No More

It seems like forever since I've had a chance to post here. I hope someone missed me. LOL! I am still working on the gifts for the Girl Scout recognition and I promise to share them when they are all finished. But I took a break tonight because I needed a card that everyone at work could sign for our student hourly who will be leaving for the summer on Friday. I wanted to send her off with a little party (I'll make treats tomorrow night) and a card that she can remember us by. She will be returning again in the fall.


The card was made for the Friday challenge on Stamp TV. The challenge was to use the "ink an embossing folder technique" for your background. I used the Celtic Knot folder by Cuttlebug and embossed with Bashful Blue ink. Then I used the hot air balloon image from the Gina K Eclectic Summer stamp set and paper pieced the balloons from scrap pieces of paper. I cut them out and pop dotted them off the background. I added a sentiment from the Gina K Lazy Days of Summer set and inked around the sentiment with More Mustard. The background panel was also inked with Bshful Blue around the edges.

Our basement is finally finished. We are still in the process of moving things back in. The carpet was installed on Monday and it was well worth the wait. It's amazing how  roomy the basement looks now. I'llt ry to post pictures so you can check out my space.

I hope everyone is having a spectacular week. I am thrilled the basement is about complete and my gifts for the recognition event are almost finished. I am so looking forward to getting back to creating some other things. Have a wonderful Thursday and see you back here soon!

Inky hugs,

Donna

2 comments:

Carolyn King said...

totally fun card. Glad you are back :)
love the bg for those fun balloons!

sassyb07 said...

love this card Donna! makes ya just want to be in one of those balloons and fly, LOL!
glad your basement is finished!
hugs, Valerie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...