Sunday, January 22, 2017

Progressive Challenge at The Outlawz

I can't believe we are coming to the end of January already. Time is just zipping by for me. I have several progressive challenges that I usually play with so I need to get those cards moving. This is the card for The Outlawz Progressive challenge. The image this month is from All Dressed Up. I turned my card into a Valentine for a crafty friend.


The front of the card is pretty CAS. I colored the image with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers and die cut the image with MFT Cross Stitch Ovals. The background is red card stock and I used the Hero Arts Asian Flower Stencil to give it a pattern. I used Picked Raspberry distress ink with the stencil.  I used my MISTI to add my sentiment from a new set of Hero Arts Everyday Sayings sentiments that I bought at Michael's this week. Before popping up the image I added the two pieces of ribbon for some contrast. And I finished the inside of the card to match.


The larger sentiment is computer-generated. The Happy Valentine's Day is from Simon Says Stamps I Only Have Eyes for You (retired). I also added a Cheery Lynn Butterfly die and colored it to match the butterfly on the progressive image. The little hearts are from Paper Smooched Paw Print dies.
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me today. Hope you have a wonderful start to your week!

Donna

5 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

I'm sure your friend will adore your Valentine.

MaryH said...

Love both of these. I really like the stencil technique over the red. Curious if you inked the stencil with the Raspberry, then embossed it over the red c/s? It's a very subtle & classy look with the oval and cute image. Great coloring, and of course I love that Xstitch trim on the oval. #2 is bright & cheery, with the glowing butterfly. A very sweet sentiment when one is apart from a good friend. TFS &Hugs

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful card! I loved the sentiment too.
DH and i were apart for 250 days a year for at least ten of his working years.
Thankfully the last 8 years he was fairly close to home. This card would have been perfect for those away from home years.

I had a chuckle at your Cricut remark. I have one that I have only used once while a friend was over guiding through howto use it.

I have never opened it since and wish they offered courses locally.
I use my Big Shot and dies for everything I do.

Gail said...

What a cute card! Love the image and your use of the ribbon across the page is great. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie challenge! --Gail

Pam said...

Both are such sweet cards, I love the sentiment on the second one and the cute image on the first!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...