Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Inky Day

I love Tuesdays. It's usually the only day of the week that I don't have a scheduled place to be. So it's my day to catch up on laundry, dishes and household jobs and hopefully get a bit inky. This morning I started the laundry and decided to defer dishes until after lunch and I got some ink time in. Here's what I created.

image was created by Andrea Norris of Sheepski Designs for an Outlawz special challenge celebrating their 7th birthday. I colored the image with Koh-I-Noor Woodless pencils and mineral spirits. Die cuts used: Spellbinders Teardrop Circles, Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitch Rectangles, and MFT Blueprints 32 for the hearts. The hearts are stacked three high with glue for a slight dimension. The designer paper is from my scrap box The sentiment I got from a blog candy with no indication of the company but it might be Unity Stamps. I embossed the sentiment with clear embossing powder to make it shine. I am entering these challenges:

Our weather is up close to 70 degrees yesterday and today and I've been taking full advantage by getting some walking in. But tomorrow we are back into the 40s again. Lots of rain this week but so far most of it has missed us. Hoping that things warm up soon and stay there. Thanks for stopping by today. Hope your day is warm and happy too.

Donna

15 comments:

Crafting with Darcy said...

Donna, your colors on this card are beautiful!! I love the plaid paper and the fancy frame!!
Hugs!
Darcy

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, this is beautiful. Love those colors. I would defer dishes...I'm deferring changing the kitty litter, hehe.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- loving the DP, and your coloring is just beautiful!

Stef H said...

now this is nice... very spring-y! which is what we need.
my back deck is a sheet of ice this morning and poor puppy couldn't get near the steps. had to let her out thru the garage. what weird weather!

stay warm, stay safe and have a great week.

hugs :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, your card is so pretty - fits the sketch perfectly!

Pam said...

Your card is beautiful Donna, I love the plaid background and I love the pretty sunflowers.
Love and Hugs.
Pam

Alyson Mayo said...

Beautiful flowers and love the white doily background. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Atlantic Hearts this week :)

Sherry Hickey said...

So many pretty elements on your card; it makes me think of Spring! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards In Envy challenge!

Christine said...

Absolute love this! The plaid and the doily are gorgeous with the bright flowers. Thanks for playing along at AHSC this week.
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member

Fabrika Fantasy said...

So nice and beautiful card! Thank you so much, Donna, for joining the challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends that we are sponsoring! Good luck with your entry!
We have monthly challenges on our Challenge blog Fabrika Fantasy Digis, and we would love to invite you to join us there too. Thank you again!

DigiClub - You can get as many images as you like

Janice said...

A beautiful colour combination, the sunflowers are really pretty.

Laurian said...

Lovely card Donna, so glad you joined us in the celebrations! Looking forward to seeing your lovely work around the Outlawz for many years to come! xx

create.365 said...

Such a bright and cheerful card! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts this week!

Brandi said...

I love the white doily and the flowers are great. Super cute and very spring like. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Annette Clark said...

Superb work, Donna, I would've had no idea all these elements weren't part of a single kit, you really brought them together seamlessly. Great take on the sketch, too. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...