Friday, May 8, 2020

Striped Background

The Day 2 Spring Card Camp 2 class was all about making striped backgrounds and all the different ways you could do it. Jennifer McGuire showed us how to mask and ink the background. That's what I did for my card.


So I picked three of my favorite DOIs to use for the inking: Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry and Fossilized Amber. I masked off portions of the card stock and used blending brushes to ink the stripes, sometimes overlapping the other stripe to blend the colors, sometimes leaving white space in between the colors. I recently inventoried my stamps and found several older sets that I didn't remember I had. So using a Gina K set called In Stitches (retired) I added some interest by adding in some dots, flowers and dashed lines. The sentiment and image was stamped in Versa Fine Onyx black ink after my stripes had dried. The image is Daisy Patch Swirls (retired) from Heartfelt Creations. I cut the panel down with MFT Blueprints 13 (retired) stitched die panel. I have no idea where the sentiment comes from. I won it years ago in a blog candy. It was all by itself with no labeling. I finished off the card by adding some sparkle to the middle of the flowers. Using an embossing pen I embossed the middle with glitter embossing powder. 
I am entering these challenges: 
It's been a very sad day around here. My son called early this morning to let us know that the guy who had been my sons swim coach in high school passed away yesterday from cancer. Dave had a HUGE influence on my boys as they went through high school. He will truly be missed. Thank you for stopping by today. I need to sew some face masks this afternoon.Maybe after that I will get back to creating for today's Spring Card Camp 2 class. Be safe and take care of you!

Donna


7 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

Beautifully done, Donna! Love the textures and happy colors.

Cindy Beach said...

One more comment to say how sorry I am for your loss. It's always sad to lose a loved one but this is a terrible time for the families and friends who can't gather together. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna that is gorgeous. Love the stripes and how they turned out. So creative. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Anything Goes Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Stef H said...

absolutely LOVE this. the colors are gorgeous and the style is fabulous.

hope all is well. things good here. life goes on.

hugs

KT Fit Kitty said...

Donna, this card is gorgeous, really caught my eye. Would love to try this myself. Sorry to read about your son's coach, very sad indeed.

SmilynStef said...

what fun stripes ... greawt colors

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too Challenge this time and good luck :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...