Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Masking Part 2

So this morning I played with reverse masking. Tonight I played with masking again. I started looking through my dies to make the mask and decided that I'd use one of the MFT Pierced Star die (retired). Now unfortunately that was about all the planning I did for this card so it took me a very long time to get this together.

Using masking paper I covered the front of the card after die cutting the star out of the middle. And then I had this panic moment when I thought, "what am I going to fill the star in with?" Little flowers and hearts didn't seem appropriate so I started looking through my stamps. I decided to use Fresh Squeezed Stamps Happy Hexagons (no longer in business). I also used a small heart from Simon Says Sending Happy Thoughts. After the mask came off I die cut the piece with MFT Blueprints 13 Stitched die (retired). So after I had the star complete I had to find a sentiment and I really couldn't find something that I liked. So I settled for this sentiment about wishes (like on a star) from Create with TLC. The sentiment is die cut with Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio 2.  The ribbon is from my stash. I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me tonight. Thank you for stopping by and visiting me today. Looking forward to a new technique in class tomorrow. Please stay safe and healthy! We;ll be playing with the twins tomorrow.

Donna

6 comments:

Lori m said...

Gorgeous masking card Donna, hugs, Lori m

Cindy Beach said...

Love this, Donna! The star is a fun original idea for the masking technique!

KT Fit Kitty said...

So cool! You're doing a lot of great techniques lately! I haven't tried this yet.

Pam said...

Wow! You did a wonderful job with your masking technique! Beautiful card!
Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog! We miss Clementine so much!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

TracyM #6773 said...

Fabulous card!
Love your colours and design, the stamping in the star is really pretty and the sentiment so sweet!
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck with your entry :)

KathyA. said...

What an interesting card! Thanks for joining us at Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...