Saturday, May 9, 2020

Sending Love

Today in Spring Card Camp 2 it's all about sentiments. I have a sentiment that I die cut for the first Spring Card Camp and didn't use. I also have 4 backgrounds already completed that I'd never made into cards for the first card camp too. So this card was pretty easy to put together.


The background was created with a stencil and DO inks: Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers. I used the MFT Star Grid stencil with the inks. The die cut is from the Die Cut Essentials magazine #61 from Tonic Studios. I have a stack of these magazines and I haven't found the time to use them all yet. This is one that I haven't used but it makes a perfect message for this card. I die cut two more and layered them together to make some texture to the card. It has a backing die cut too which I did in black card stock so the inks and the white would pop. To finish off I used some Lucy Gems Bridal Mix. I am entering these challenges:

Creative Knockouts: favorite embellishments(Lucy's gems)
Simon Says Wednesday challenge: dies and punches
Through the Craft Room Door: anything goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies: use a critters (butterflies)
NBUS challenge: use never before used schtuff

It was windy and chilly today. I made a quick trip to the grocery store this morning. I finished some odds and ends around the house and took a walk to mail a couple cards to friends this afternoon. I hope it warms up a bit so we can get our garden planted this week. My Mom's rule of thumb was that it was safe to plant outside after Mother's Day. Last night we hit 31 degrees so that's too cold to plant. Thanks for stopping by today. Make it an awesome weekend. Be safe!

Donna

5 comments:

Darnell said...

What a pretty rainbow stenciled background, Donna! Your beautiful black and white sediment image really pops against it. Great matting, too. Take care and keep on keeping safe! Happy Mother's Day and thank you for sharing at NBUS! I hope it warms up soon so you can plant your garden! Hugs, Darnell

karin said...

Great that background Donna, so cheerful.
Love your card.
Karin
Xx

jenn shurkus said...

such a fun card!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun and beautiful card!!!

Lori Kobular said...

Love your rainbow background on your wonderful card. That sentiment is the heart is very sweet too! Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenges!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...