Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Sparkly Left Overs

For the last 2 days I've been working on color blocking. You can see my first post and my second post. But I had some leftover pieces and rather than pile them on my desk I decided to make something right away.


This was a great way to use up the leftovers that I had. I didn't have any pieces big enough for the frames so I used black and white card stock.


I used MFT Collage Cover-Up die and die cut pieces from the collage with the three color embossed panels. I didn't quite have enough of the squares so I used the black and white card stock squares to fill in. And the reason that I didn't have enough squares was because I missed a piece of the blue embossed panel, so I used it for the "you" on this card. The sentiment is from MFT All About You stamps set and die cut with MFT Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips. The "you" is die cut with MFT You Trio die-namics (retired) and popped up using fun foam.


This card is similar to the first except the sentiment but the sentiment and die cut are from the same MFT stamp and die sets. The only difference is that I cut the "You" from white card stock three times and stacked them instead of using fun foam.
That's it for me today. I am super happy with these cards. I hope your week is going well. It's hard to believe that the weeks are going fast again. When our shelter at home order began it seemed like the weeks went slowly. Maybe since the weather is getting nicer it seems to move faster. I was hoping to get our garden planted. We have the plants that we've been carrying in and out of the house. But the nights have been so cold that I've been reluctant to plant. But Thursday is supposed to be in the 70s so I hope to get them planted tomorrow. Rain come starting Thursday and sticks around through the weekend. More craft time I suppose. Take care!

Donna

1 comment:

Lori m said...

Fabulous cards Donna, love the different colored squares, so pretty, good luck with your garden. We had snow flakes again yesterday, way to cold here yet for out door planting or much of anything, Enjoy the nicer weather, hugs, Lori m

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...