Monday, January 6, 2020

Second Birthday

This is my second birthday card post for today but my card is really for a 2 year old little girl. She's my only January birthday in the family.

The image is from a retired Beccy's Place stamp set called Quilted Numbers. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers trying to match the colors in the plaid paper that I used. The paper is from My Favorite Things called Merry and Bright Plaid Patterns. For the sentiment I used my MISTI to stamp with VersaFine Black Onyx ink. the sentiment is from Gina K Birthday Greetings.
So I have to explain something for one of the challenges that I'll list below. Beccy's challenge this month is asking to keep things local to where we live. The bunnies in our backyard are brown but I chose to keep my bunny white because it reminds me of my childhood. My uncle and his kids raised white rabbits and my brothers and sister and I would often visit and play with the bunnies.So here's the challenges I'm entering:

Almost bedtime so I'm about to call it a day. Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful week.

Donna

11 comments:

Lori m said...

Adorable card.... what a fun age 2 is...she will love it, hugs, Lori m

karin said...

A great Card Donna. Thanks for joining the Challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
It was hard to find your card, because something went wrong with the link on our blog.
Karin DT

carla said...

Hello Donna

Your card for our challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs is very nice.
With the stripes there are even squares that's perfect.
Thank you for participating in our challenge.
I wish you good luck.
Only the link is not correct.
Test it and adjust it please
Carla

KT Fit Kitty said...

Super sweet card, Donna - I love the bunny! Great take on the sketch too - this one is on my list! Happy 2020 to you!

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very sweet card and image! I think 2 is just such a fun age!!! Another great card!

Pam said...

Cute card! The image is so cute and I love the pretty and colorful plaid paper!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

*Vicki* said...

Your little patchwork number with the bunny is so sweet! Love those plaid papers too! Thank you for sharing your creation for the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge this month! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Unknown said...

So gosh darn cute Donna. Thank you for playing along with us for our Stella Says Sketch. Hope to see you again soon. Good luck.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin

Beccy said...

Your card is so fabulously bright and happy Donna, I'm sure the little girl is going to love it! Great idea to choose your colours from the background paper, it helps to keep things coordinated.
Thank you for sharing the story about the bunnies, it sounds like a lovely memory. My husband raised rabbits as a child, and he also has lots of wonderful memories about them.
Cheers,
Beccy

Pia S said...

I’m sorry being late visiting to have a closer look at your sweet take on our sketch. Thanks for playing with us at Catch the Bug!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...