Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Don't Light Those Candles

I am into birthday cards this week as I need to get ahead on them. Lots of birthdays in February. And we leave next week for 3 weeks in Florida. So here's a birthday card.


I found this sentiment that I wrote down in a notebook and found it the other day, so I thought I would use it on a card. I paired it with a Bugaboo Dollar Candle Cake. I colored the cake with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut it with MFT Stitched Circles. The candles coming out from the cake are die cut from Spellbinders Sweet Wishes. The designer papers are from my scrap box. The layering is black card stock. I am entering these challenges:

Went back to Head Start this morning after the Christmas break.  Always fun to play with the twins. Tomorrow we work at Opportunity House and Teacher's Warehouse so it's our busy day. Thanks for stopping by today.

Donna

13 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your friend must be quite old...hehehe wouldn't want to be responsible for melting any iceburgs....! Great card- love your colors and fun layout too! Lucky you, Florida for 3 weeks sounds wonderful!

Lori m said...

Beautiful card....love that sentiment and the stamp is so cute. Hugs, Lori m

Pam said...

LOL, what a funny sentiment! Great birthday card!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Colleen said...

Fabulous card all layered up for our challenge over at Seize the Birthday! Clever sentiment too!! Thank you for sharing this at Seize the Birthday!

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna your card is adorable and just LOVE that sentiment. Those candles are great with the image. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Anything Goes Challenge and the Tuesday Morning Sketches, Lisa Lynn DT.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Donna! You must be getting very excited about your trip! I know I would be - it's so cold and snowy here! Your birthday card is super cute - what a fun sentiment! I'm so happy to see your card over at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Thank you for joining us - I enjoy seeing your cards there! I hope you'll be back again, and best wishes in our prize draw!

Debbie said...

Haha! Your sentiment literally made me LOL! Awesome card!
Enjoy your time in the FL sun!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Linby said...

ha ha very funny and a great card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
Linby x
DT

Patti said...

This is funny, I love all your details too Donna!! I love hearing about the twins, and I’m STILL so jealous that you get to see them all the time but I am really happy for you!!! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

OlgaB said...

Just love how you used the sketch!
Thank you for joining Catch the Bug!
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my goodness - that sentiment is hilarious! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Lady Joyful said...

This is such a fun birthday card! That sentiment is just great. By the way, please remember to include our challenge graphic in your blog post, as stated in our rules :) Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Andreja said...

What a beautiful card you made :-))
Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...