Saturday, January 4, 2020

Orange Valentine?

Orange you glad I didn't say banana? Oh my, that's an old one. It's nasty weather here today and a perfect time to craft and get silly! My card uses orange today. That's a color I usually avoid. Orange isn't a favorite of mine, but it just seemed right as I started coloring this image.


Not your usual color for a Valentine either but I think it came together very nicely. The image is Bugaboo Chibi Flowerpot Peeker. So cute! She's the progressive image at The Outlawz this month. I am trying to get back into the swing of the progressive challenges. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir and American Craft markers. Die cut the image with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares; then inked the edges with Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide Ink with my new ink blending brushes that I got for Christmas. On the front of the little flowerpot I stamped "Love You" from a retired Simon Says Stamps set called Only Have Eyes for You. The background paper is scraps from my scrap box, as is the orange strip across the middle. All background layers are black card stock and the card base is orange card stock. The sentiment is from Desert Diva and inked with spiced marmalade to match the image.To finish is off I added some black enamel dots. I am entering these challenges:

Time to get dinner on the go so I'll close this for now. Hope to get some more play time today. We leave for vacation in about a week so I have lots to get done before then. Thank you for stopping by. Have a blessed day!

Donna

3 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna that looks so adorable in the orange and you picked a great layout. It's so wonderful to see all your creations again. Now my other role....thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Anything Goes Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Donna... it’s so lovely to see you have shared one of your gorgeous cards with us. Thanks for entering your card into our ‘Something New’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Diane Louise J said...

Hello... Thanks for entering your lovely card into our ‘Something New’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...