Saturday, August 18, 2018

Yappy Christmas

Happy Saturday! Welcome to the weekend. Yesterday we bought a camping trailer so that when my DH retires next year we can go traveling. It's a smaller trailer (24 feet) but it's brand new and rated for camping in all 4 seasons so it's well insulated. Not sure exactly when we'll get to bring it home just yet. I've been working on the MFT Summer School lessons. The second day of summer school was all about focal point. One of the cards in the video for this lesson had kind of a square window section on it. I wanted to try that.


To start I die cut the white card stock with the stitched rectangle die in MFT Blueprints 13. I cut a mask from masking paper using the MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Square die. With the mask in place I inked the unmasked area with Fossilized Amber and Lucky Clover. I stamped and die cut the little puppy from MFT Happy Pawlidays stamps. The little cutie is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and embellished with white gel pen. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set with Momento Black ink. And finally added some sequins that I filled with Glossy Accents to give them some shine.
I am entering these challenges:

Thanks for stopping by today. We are watching the twins today. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Donna

8 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, this is such a cute Christmas card. Love the pup!

Donna Ellis said...

Love that multicolored window, Donna! Brings such cheer and happiness to your already very cute creation! Wonderful little puppy LOL So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for supporting us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or A Designer Favorite. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, your card is adorable. What fun surprise to get the camper.

BożenA said...

So funny Christmas card. Well designed
Thank you for joining our challenge in HLS Xmas.
BożenA DT HLS

Janice said...

This is such a cute Christmas card, I love the placement of the sequins.

Bobby said...

Good for you going to summer school, Donna. Your homework is adorable so you get an A+ and thanks for sharing your darling pup with us at HLS Christmas.

Chrissie said...

I guess you would have a yappy Christmas with a cute little pooch like this!
Super fun card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge DT

Julie Temple said...

This is so Cute!! We have a Yappy Christmas every year...LOL!! Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge this month!!

Julie DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...