Tuesday, August 21, 2018

MFT Summer School - Day 3

I am finally back to try to finish up the My Favorite Things Summer School. For day 3, the concept was one that was somewhat new to me: visual triangle. While I had always heard that it was good to use uneven numbers of things on your cards, I hadn't heard about the triangle. I'm sure I've used this before without knowing exactly what it was. I really enjoyed making this card. The background was great fun!

I love this MFT stamp set called Space Explorer. The images are so adorable. And I love the sentiments, especially this birthday sentiment. I created the background with distress oxide inks: twisted citron, seedless preserves, peacock feathers, and black soot. After blending the ink, I splashed water on the background. I stamped and colored the images with Copic markers and die cut it with the coordinating dies. I heat embossed the sentiment on black cardstock with white embossing powder and die cut it with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags. I created my visual triangle using the stars from the stamp set. I used Wink if Stella on the stars to give them a shine. I usually don't finish the inside of my cards but this one is so easy to finish.

The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I used the edges of the background that I cut off to create the frame for the sentiment. Then used the images of the rocket from the set, colored and die cut to add. Love how this one turned out. I am entering these challenges:

Well, I am off to work on Day 4 summer school. Tomorrow is my day at Head Start. Going to go play with the twins. Hope your week is going well. Take care and stay crafty!

Donna

7 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh my this is so cute. What little guy wouldn't love to get this card. Love this Space Explorer set, and that background is perfect for the space traveler. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This card is a blast! ;)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Your sky on that first card is wonderful, Donna !









Pam said...

Ooooooo, I love that beautiful sky! Great card and great job!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Desire Fourie said...

Donna this is so cute and perfect for a little guy's birthday.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

craftysahmiam said...

The home made background is perfect for the adorable astronaut image! Thanks for sharing your cute card with us at Through The Craft Room Door

Helen said...

Fabulous card - love the background!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...