Friday, August 17, 2018

Commencing Happy Dance

Welcome to my blog and if you haven't noticed, the second session of summer school has commenced at the MFT blog. The first session is all about monochromatic cards. There are several ways you can win MFT prizes so you might want to check it out. Here's my monochromatic card.


I started by cutting my white card stock with the stitched rectangle from MFT Blueprints 13. I used Press n Seal to help me ink up the MFT Star Grid stencil. The background does not look all one color IRL. I used Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Broken China Distress Oxide inks for the stencil, but it isn't showing up well in the photo. I stamped and die cut the MFT Puddle Jumper stamp. He is so adorable. He's colored with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers. Then I heat embossed the sentiment that's from MFT Anything-but-Basic Birthday Wishes. Doesn't it look like the puddle jumper is dancing? Since the background is so busy I didn't think it needed any other embellishments. Hope you'll check out the summer school and join in the fun!
I am entering these challenges:

Wednesday I went back to Head Start for the beginning of their new school year. New faces to meet and they have a bug in a cage in their room. It's a praying mantis and my mischievous little Arthur has figured out how to open the cage.  I think they may have a problem if he releases his new little friend. Hehehe! But here's some pictures of the twins from Wednesday.

Valerie on the playground.

Arthur coloring or eating crayons. They both had blue teeth by the time they finished coloring.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a marvelous weekend and find the time to get crafty!

Hugs to you all,
Donna

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Blue teeth to go with your blue card - how perfect! :D Great job on this... and I can see the shading in your background! Your dancing rain guy is so cute as well. Thanks for linking up with Seize the Birthday!

Janice said...

A fabulous background you have created, and I love the cheeky fella in the rain! Gorgeous photos of your grandchildren too :-)

Majda said...

What a sweet card! Just adorable!
Thank you for joining the Scrapping4fun.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
Majda DT

Renate said...

Beautiful card! Adorable
Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun
Renate DT

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful card, adorable pictures
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Priya said...

Sucha fun card and cute images.
Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun this time.
Priya DT

Vidhi Jadeja said...

Super cute card !!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrapping4fun Challenge!!! Looking forward to join us again ...love it - Dt -Vidhi Jadeja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...