Wednesday, August 15, 2018

August Dueling Darlings

We are halfway through the month and time for the Dueling Darlings challenge. Each month a member of the team sends a kit for all the members to use. We all use the same materials centered around a theme to make a card. This month our hostesses were Terry L for the Dazzlers (my team) and Tami for the Divas. And the theme this month is wine.

So here's what was in the kit:
Image is from Art Impressions Wine Divas
Sentiment from Art Impressions Wine Divas and MFT Uncorked (lots of great sentiments in this kit)
Paper from the Paper Studio
Embellishments: Ribbon (white and green); Twine (white); Gems (clear Recollections and green the Paper Studio)
Flowers: white from Michaels; green from Got Flowers)
I colored the image with Copics and Spectrum Noir markers. I used a white gel pen for details. I die cut it with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitched Rectangles. The sentiment is from MFT Uncorked and die cut with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags. I backed all the layers with black card stock. I used one of the designer papers that Terri sent. For embellishments I used the green gems and the green flower.


I don't often do the inside of my cards but this was great to have the card finished and ready to go. So I used the leftover designer paper backed with black cardstock to add elements on the inside of the card. This sentiment is from the Wine Divas stamp set and I added a Happy Birthday from MFT Essential Sentiments die cut with the Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitch Rectangles to mimic the front of the card. This was a fun card kit and I loved working with it. Thanks Terri! If you'd like to see what the other's did with this kit I've provided the links below:
Dazzlers:
Darlene
Jeanette
Shelly
Terry A (Splitcoaststampers Gallery)
Terry L
Tracie
Debbie B (Splitcoaststampers Gallery)

I am entering these challenges:

Thanks for stopping by today. I am headed for Head Start this morning to play with the twins and their friends. My favorite activity of the week. Take care!

13 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, I love the coloring of your image and what a great overall design!

terry serman said...

Love your card inside and out! The gems and flowers really look great with the image.

Pam said...

What a cute card and a cute image! Great job of coloring!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Carol W said...

Donna you did an amazing job on your card. I love the coloring and layout. I am so glad you have joined our little group. Well done Donna, well done.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun card- I love the theme this month : ) Fun colors and how I love the inside of your card- and I love that sentiment!!! I see you colored yours red as well- wine that is. I love red wine.....LOL

Janice said...

A fabulous card Donna, just love image and sentiment...they made me chuckle!

Stef H said...

you can NEVER go wrong with wine!!!!

all is good here. hope all is good with you.
school has started for the kids (which just rubs me wrong! it's still SUMMER for crying out loud and HOT).

have a great week.

hugs :)

Barb said...

Great card--I love the bright colors you picked!

Patti said...

Ha ha love your card and and those stamps are hilarious!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I really like how you created and treated the sentiment on the front of the card. The theme was fun and your card shows just like it. The interior looks good too! I like to use my scraps from the front to make an interior...I am just too lazy to photograph it! Shhhh, don't tell anyone! LOL

Terry Ladwig said...

I really like how you used the green card base...and went with the odd color scheme that I sent! Love it!!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Great card Donna~

love all the *green* embellishments! Green makes me happy!

Great coloring too!

Hugs ~ LJ

Melissa Craig said...

What a fun card! That image is a hoot! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...