Wednesday, August 22, 2018

MFT Summer School Day 4

Happy Wednesday! The morning with the twins was lots of fun at Head Start. We played outside for a while and then at table time, the kids played with homemade play-doh. They had fun but you had to keep an eye out for those who would rather eat it than play with it. LOL!
I am finishing up Day 4 of MFT Summer School. This lesson was all about rainbows.


I made two cards. I first used scraps to create the rainbow colored background. I cut the scraps into quarter inch and half inch strips and then glued them to a white piece of cardstock.I die cut the MFT Smile die into the rainbow and made two cards.

I popped the letters from the die cut background and set those aside and glued the background to a black cardstock base. I heat embossed the secondary sentiment with white embossing powder. The sentiment is from MFT More Essential Sentiments. Since I wanted the background to be the focus I didn't add anything else.

For the second card, I used the die cut letters and glued them to a white card base. The secondary sentiment was heat embossed on black cardstock and both sentiments were di cut with MFT Essential  Fishtail Sentiment Strips. This sentiment is from the MFT Essential Sentiments set. These were fun to make and a two for one is always appreciated!
I am entering these challenges:
That's it for me today. Tonight the twins have an event for Head Start and we have to take them as their dad is working. So we are off to Karst Park to play at the Splash Pad and probably get a hot dog. I'm sure it will be fun for them. I'll leave you with some pictures I took today at Head Start: Valerie and Arthur.
Thanks for stopping by.

Donna

8 comments:

Janice said...

A fabulous set of rainbow cards Donna, love them!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! These two colorful cards sure make me SMILE!

Pam said...

Cute cards and so bright and cheerful! The twins are so adorable, just look at those smiles!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Stef H said...

cards are great. very colorful.

O.M.Goodness! look at those 2! how fast they are growing! they are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!

hugs :)

crafty said...

A lovely bright card. Thank you for joining in the QKR Stampede challenge.
Mary

Gerrina said...

Both cards are so bright and sunny looking; great work! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Joyce said...

Such beautiful rainbow cards. Love how you created two cards that are pretty much reverse images of each other. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Gwendolyn said...

So nice to use the negative and positive of the diecut to make 2 colourful cards! Thanks for sharing them with us at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations again. Hugs, Gwendolyn P.S The twins look sooo cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...