Thursday, April 5, 2018

Walk in the Rain

That's pretty much what we've been doing this week. It's rained a lot this week and tomorrow they are predicting snow. I can't believe that we just can't catch a break on the weather. So my card tonight reflects a couple of things. Earlier this week, Monday April 2nd, was World Autism Awareness Day. Autism has touched our family. My daughter, who is a Mom to the twins, was diagnosed with autism when she was in the second grade. She's a remarkable woman and has come a very long way in her life. Veronica Zalis put together a super blog hop to raise awareness of autism. I hope you will check it out. There are lots of prizes to be won. But more importantly you might learn something about autism along the way.

My card tonight is for the blog hop.

The sentiment says it all for me. "Maybe I can't stop the downpour but I will always join you for a walk in the rain." The sentiment is from Piece of Heart. I had a really difficult time getting this card to come together. I couldn't find any designer paper that was rainy or cloudy so I finally decided to just use the main colors of card stock that I colored the images. The two images are from Bugaboo; two of my all time favorite images from Bugaboo. They are Brat Boy Spring Umbrella Digi and Brat Girl Spring Umbrella Digi. The blue card stock is embossed with a Swiss Dot embossing folder (my attempt to make it look a little like rain). I used MFT Pierced Fishtail Flag to die cut the sentiment. The embellishment is a button from MFT Button Quartet. 
I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you are looking forward to a relaxing weekend! Take care.

Donna



11 comments:

Dawn Frost said...

Oh I LOVE your card what a great sentiment! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's recipe challenge, good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

Waving My Wand said...

I think this came together quite nicely. Lively card! Thanks for sharing your story!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card is just Wonderful, I love the images and the colours you used, a great sentiment too. Thank you so much for joining us in our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith TTCRD DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Pam said...

This is such a cute card! Love the Bugaboo image and the sweet sentiment!
I know what you mean about the weather, it's crazy, it has heated up in the 70's and yesterday morning in the 30's and going to rain tomorrow. I want to get my little deck garden planted but am afraid the chill will hurt young tender plants.
I have a grandson that was diagnosed with Autism.
Hugs,
Pam

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Great creation! Thanks for joining our Recipe Challenge over at Catch the Bug. Good luck.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Bugaboo DT

Lisa Lynn said...

This is too cute.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, this is so cute!

Monica Maier said...

I was walking in rain over here in IL too! ;-) Love the use of the primary colors and the images! Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.
Monica
https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

Janice said...

This is such a fun card Donna, love the image!

Cathy P said...

What a lovely sentiment!! You have paired the image so well with it and for a good cause! Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! Cathy ATSM DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Great images and sentiment!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...