Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Season's Greetings

Hello, my friends. Hope you had a wonderful Tuesday. It's almost come and gone. Next Tuesday the first of my sons will be arriving to celebrate Christmas. So I need to step up my game and get my crafty stuff done. Bought the rest of my yarn tonight so as soon as I get my other obligation out of the way tomorrow, I'll be moving into full craft/shopping mode. I'll try to get as much done as possible by the weekend. I did get one card done today for a progressive challenge.

This is one of several images that we could pick from at The Outlawz Progressive challenge. The image this month was drawn by Sandra VanBlaricum, one of the design team members. I picked the single ornament to use on my card. The ornament in colored with Copic markers and then covered with Wink of Stella for a nice shine on the ornament and bow. The evergreen bough is from a retired Gina K stamp set called Winter Foliage and stamped in Evergreen Bough distress ink. The four designer papers are scraps from my scrap box. The sentiment and holly are stickers from my stash. The ornament is popped off the card with Scotch foam tape. I also used gold glitter on the top of the ornament for some extra sparkle. I am entering these challenges:

Tomorrow I am off for my last day at Head Start with the twins for this year. They will have class next week but my boys will be home and I'll want to spend as much time as I can with them while they are visiting. My DH had his holiday party today and he was honored for 30 years of service at the University. Our daughter, SIL, and the twins came for the presentation and lunch. Despite it being their nap time, the kiddos were good as gold. They were the hit of the party. Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful hump day!

Donna

16 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...


Great card- love the design! You are so busy! I know what having twins is like- so wish I had my Mom closer when they were younger : ) I sure hope your visit with your sons is relaxing and that you have a fabulous and Merry Christmas : )

Becca Sadler said...

Wow! another entry for the scraps challenge at HIMCR! "Git-r-used", right. Doesn't sometimes seem like the scraps take over? And I, too, don't like to trash what I think I might be able to use at some future time. On behalf of HIMCR's DT, we are glad to have your participation! Becca

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, I love how you took the sketch and made it your own... the tilt to the horizontal lines makes it look fabulous. Awesome card!

Patty said...

Donna I love this card, it's perfect for the sketch. Very exciting that your family will be home for Christmas, enjoy. Thank you for joining AHSC this week.

Pam said...

What a pretty card! I never use Washi tape but I should.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Lisa Lynn said...

Gorgeous card Donna.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love those stripes of colour!
Thank you for sharing with Hiding in my Craft Room!
Susan
HIMCR Challenges
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Christine said...

This is such a fun sketch and I love how you used it! The ornament makes a perfect focal piece, and the little boughs are a wonderful touch! Thanks for joining the fun at AHSC.
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a great way to use some of your scrap papers! Creative and fun card.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful job on this lovely card Donna. Very festive. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Happy Crafting my friend!
Glenda DT

crafty said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge this time.
Mary

Sandra said...

This is such a lovely card, love the strips and the ornament is really pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Lisa said...

Love it! Great combo of colors and patterns! Thanks so much for playing along at Atlantic Hearts!

Brandi said...

Super cute card, I really love the ornament. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Annette Clark said...

Great Christmas card! I like ve seeing projects with a mix of patterns, techniques and embellishments, and yours came together beautifully! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Indy's Designs said...

Super cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...