Tuesday, April 11, 2017

NBUS and Boo Boo

This will be a quick post. After years of not being sick, it seems 2017 is going to be different now that I am retired. I've had several colds this winter and now it seems I have the flu. Very annoying. But I wanted to post this card before the NBUS (Never before used stuff) and Boo Boo challenge closed today.

My card today is actually both. I used napkins, a first for me, and a shout out to Shelly (My Creative Rumblings) for the idea. And I also have a boo boo on the card. It's not a glaring boo boo or I would have started again but can you spot it? Some might even say it isn't a boo boo but I didn't intend to do what I did.


The background is a napkin from the Dollar Tree and I used a Spectrum Noir shimmer pen on the butterfly and flowers to give it some sparkle. The sentiment was cut from MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags and then I inked it with distress ink while in the die. But I realised the die was too long for my card so then I cut the die again cutting off the end. So my white border didn't go all the way around the tag like I had intended. I guess it might be called an artisitic choice. I called it a boo boo. To finish off the card I added some self adhesive gems. I definitely will be using napkins again. They make for quick and easy cards and there is a ton of great pictures on napkins. Thank Shelly!
Check out all the fun NBUS and Boo boo cards over at Darnell's blog. Ok folks I am headed back to bed. Hope you are all well and hanging in this week.

Donna

5 comments:

Darnell said...

This is a beautiful napkin card, Donna! I've used them on cards, too. There are so many absolutely stunning napkins in the stores, so why not?! I'll go check out Shelly's; thank you for the link. I very much appreciate that you got up out of your flu bed to be a good sport and share your boo boo and your gorgeous card in the Hop!! (You've paid enough sick dues for 2017, I say, so here's to the rest of the year being healthy!!) Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Lynn said...

This looks wonderful Donna you and Shelly are so creative with this technique. So sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better soon!!!!!

MaryH said...

So sorry to hear you're down with a bug. Just give yourself time to kick it, as I've had family members languishing with 'something' for about 3 wks, and it takes a while to get over it. Your napkin card is beautiful. I'm glad you explained the Boo-Boo cause I sure didn't catch it. I've got some of these Tues Morning napkins, but I've not been real successful at that technique. I'll zip over to Shelly's but I think you've made this particular one very eye-catching. Also liked the different embellies you've added to step it up a notch! TFS & Hope you feel lots better REAL soon. Happy Easter, and hope by then, you'll be able to be around the twins. Hugs

Stef H said...

what a beautiful card. love the bunny in monday's post too.
thank you for your prayers. GOD is good and things always work out.
i think puppy is still mad at me tho. the look in her eyes say so; but she is getting better.

have a truly blessed easter!

hugs :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

So beautiful! I really loved the napkin class, as I had been collecting pretty designs to create with!
So sorry you have not been feeling the greatest, and now the flu! I am hoping you are on the mend now!
Just back from out of town, funeral for a cousin : (

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...