Friday, April 14, 2017

Just a Note

Well, it's the weekend. It hasn't been much of a week for me. Mostly time spent in bed trying to shake what the doctor is now calling a viral infections and nothing can be done but let it run its course. Sure is tough to sit around and wait to feel better. It took me three days this week to finish one little card. Kind of sad when you think about it. My get up and go has got up and went (somewhere else).


The image is Hummingbird-n-Morning Glory Flowers from Createful Heart Digis. I colored the image with colored pencils and die cut it with MFT Stitched Ovals. The embossing folder used on the background card stock is Sizzix Flourished EF. The sentiment's origin is unknown. I won a "sentiment" blog candy once and was sent a bunch of random sentiment stamps. This was one of them. The leaves are Spellbinder's Foliage and the flowers are Daisy Patch Flowers from Heartfelt Creations. I added small pruple buttons for the centers with some yellow striped Doodle Twine tied. I used the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge as inspiration.

I am entering these challenges:
I haven't gotten to see the twins much this week. I didn't want them catching anything. If everyone is well tomorrow we'll be visiting family for Easter and taking the twins with us so I will be a happy camper to see them again. I have a desing team post tomorrow so I hope you'll visit again for that!

Donna


9 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, your card is gorgeous. Love your flowers and coloring. So sorry that you have been hit so hard. Have a Happy and Blessed Easter.

Pam said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! I love the design and colors the embossing and pretty die cut flowers and you colored your image beautifully!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Janice M said...

Very pretty! Perfect embossing folder to go with your image. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely flower
and lovely coloring
love the die cut on your card too
wonderfully made
Many thanks for playing with us at ATSM this time
hugs
Monika

Debbie said...

Beautiful card, Donna!!
I hope you're beginning to feel better!
Have a blessed Easter!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- I just love the sweet image, and the wonderful flourish of leaves and flowers! I sure hope you feel better ASAP, so you can enjoy your Easter!

MaryH said...

Older Bro & SIL were sick with something like this for about a month now, and just beginning to feel human again. Think this is something going around in lots of areas. Your card is lovely, and I like the colors & composition design very much. Great coloring on the floral image...Just rest & recover your strength. TFS & Hugs

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card....love your sweet flowers. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

Glenda Atkins said...

Awesome job on this card, love the purples and the layout Donna! Just great!
hugs
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...