Tuesday, April 13, 2021

With Love for your Birthday

The days are flying by around here. We are still working on our neighbor's deck. We were supposed to meet a contractor this morning out at our Baby Creek property to talk about building a house. But he decided he didn't want to come and let us know last night after we were already out there. My Dh was very disappointed. But after a couple other projects we had to do today I sat down at my desk to finish up with an image that I already had colored but not on a card. 


The image is from Scribbles Design called  Flower Pot 2. I colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut it with Spellbinder's Classic Rectangles Large. I used two different designer papers from my stash: one with flowers and one with dots. I added a pink ribbon and instead of the bow (that's on the sketch I was following) I used a circular sentiment from Jak Heath, die cut with MFT Stitched Circles. Lots of layering on this card done with black card stock. The card base is pink. I am entering these challenges:
I hope to get more crafting time tomorrow. It will depend on whether Tom needs help with the neighbor's deck. I have a presentation tomorrow evening and I need to finish off my comments for that. So fingers crossed that some time opens up. Thanks for stopping by. Hope your week is going awesome! Stay safe. Peace and all good!

Donna

 

13 comments:

Lori m said...

Oh Donna I'm so sorry about your contractor cancelling, I hope it works out for you both soon. Beautiful card, hugs, Lori m

Pam said...

Very pretty card Donna, I like how you colored the image. The papers look pretty too.
Huugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Wendy L said...

Very pretty, thank you for joining us at the Crafty Friends challenge, xx

Suze said...

Lovely card Donna.
It is so hard finding reliable contractors and then for them to cancel on short notice is very frustrating. I hope that you can find another contractor who is more reliable.

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Sorry to hear that the contractor was a no show. I know your hubby was quite anxious to get things going. Not showing up is just rude! I hope you find someone else with better work ethics.

Such a pretty card Donna. Perfect for a spring birthday! Thanks so much for entering your creation into our recent challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog and of course for using one of Sandy's images. Good luck in the draw.

☺Lisa D.
DT Member for The Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog!
Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!
Owner & Co-coordinator for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Path of Positivity – My other challenge blog!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Donna. This card is absolutely wonderful. I love it. Great job.

Doris Klein said...

This is so pretty! I really love the colour combo and the beautiful image! It looks very nice!

Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner* Easter-Fun Challenge Blog
*List Manager* Challenges for Days

Pattie G said...

What a pretty card! It goes perfectly with our theme for this month “Birthdays”. I love your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Pattie
Artist & Owner

Kelly Schelske said...

What a beautiful card Donna! Great job with one of our sketches as well.

Thank you for joining us this month at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2! Good Luck!

Kathie said...

Love your card Donna, it feels like spring. Dam contractors, I know what you mean and it's happening everywhere in the world. I hope your lovely card put a smile back on your hubby's face. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.

Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

OlgaB said...

Beautiful spring project!
Thank you for using our sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Hope to see you again.
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

OlgaB said...

Lovely spring project!
Thank you for using our sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Hope to see you again.
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

Helen said...

Beautiful project - thanks for sharing it with us at the Love to Scrap Challenge.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...