Saturday, April 17, 2021

Hello

 It's been another busy week again! And not much crafting time. The good news is that the deck that my DH was replacing for the neighbors is finished! Yeah! So I won't need to help with that anymore. The bad news is that the next project is to replace flooring in our washer/dryer area that was damaged when our wash machine overflowed a couple weeks ago and the flooring buckled from the water. So I am sure that I'll have to help with replacing that. 

We usually have the twins on Sunday, but this weekend we had them today instead, so I keep thinking this is Sunday instead of Saturday. I thought I wouldn't have time for the Tuesday Morning Sketch but since today is Saturday I worked it in after dinner. The only problem was that I forgot it was supposed to be a mini slimline so it probably won't count for the challenge, but I loved the sketch.


I tried a tone on tone background and it doesn't show up well in the photo especially in the bottom left corner. The base is kraft card stock and I used Delicate Branches stamp set from Inkadinkado with MFT latte ink. The two smaller red birds are from the same set and stamped with MFT Cherry Crisp. The designer paper is from my stash. The larger cardinal is recycled from another card and popped up on foam tape. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn and stamped in the MFT Cherry Crisp ink. I am entering these challenges:
We had a very gray and rainy day today. The morning was very rainy but the afternoon got a little better. We got the twins out for a bit this afternoon. Took a wagon ride around our neighborhood and stopped at the playground before we took them home. It was a wonderful day with them. Of course I'm tuckered out after chasing them around. Thanks for stopping by today. Stay sage. Peace and all good!

Donna



9 comments:

Suze said...

Lovely card Donna. I like the use of the cardinals for something other than Christmas. It's not a bird we have here and my only knowledge of it is on Christmas cards, etc.
We had pretty much the same weather as you today (which is Sunday here). I used the time to catch up on a few things and start some cards and finish a couple of other ones. I looked at that sketch for several days before I finally had some inspiration for it!
Great that you were still able to get out and about with the twins even though the weather wasn't the best. I didn't even get out the door today!

Lori m said...

Donna your card is beautiful, I love cardinal, we often have them in the yard singing.

Sorry about your floor needing repairs, glad your weather cleared so you could take the twins for a wagon ride, hugs, Lori m

Margreet said...

Although it is not a slimline card, it is a beautiful one with the gorgeous cardinal.
Thanks for joining Tuesday Morning Sketches.
xxx Margreet DT

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I love the cardinals!
Ugh, I'm sorry to hear about your flooded floor!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

Gorgeous card. I love cardinals. I see them every so often around my house when I walk Charlie. Thank you joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Karen Page said...

Beautiful card! I love the graphic look of the branch and leaves and your main cardinal is gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along at 2CCC and I hope you'll come back soon to play again!
~Karen Page, DT Member for 2 Crafty Critter Crazies
Blog: MisplacedMojo.com IG: @misplacedmojo

Pam said...

Lovely card Donna. I love cardinals and the meaning of when one is nearby.
Sounds like you had a great day with the twins!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Engelchen said...

Very nice.
Thank you for joining us at Penny's.
Greetings Geesje

Aimeslee Winans said...

I love what you did with the sketch. Also the tone on tone bg. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Love to Craft Challenge. We hope you continue to play with us! XOXO, Aimeslee LTCCB DT http://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...