Friday, April 23, 2021

Thinking of You

 Welcome to the weekend! It's finally arrived. I do have to admit that my weeks go so fast. Being retired every day is Saturday so my weekends aren't too different from the rest of the week, except for our day with the twins. When they finish school for the summer we'll probably have them 2 days a week instead of just one. Anyway, I need some thinking of you cards so I thought I'd start with this one tonight.


This lovely image is from Beccy's Place. This Gnarled Wreath is a freebie at Beccy's Place. I added the sentiment from Echo Rainbow designs.  I printed off two copies of the wreath, fussy cut out clumps of flowers, and popped them up with foam tape. I used Copic markers to color around the wreath before I fussy cut the wreath out. I added Diamond Stickles to the middle of the flowers. Hard to tell how sparkly they are in the photo. The background paper is from my scrap box and layered it with some kraft paper to bring out the brown of the wreath. The card base is a bright blue. I am entering these challenges:
It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow. I have a couple errands to run and have to get ready for the twins to come on Sunday. But I hope to get some time to play too. Have a super weekend! Stay safe. Peace and all good!

Donna


11 comments:

Beccy said...

You've done a fantastic job fussy cutting around the wreath Donna, it looks wonderful. Great idea to cut out extra flowers too, you've created lots of depth by popping them up over the base image. Love the blue background and the yellow patterned paper, always a great combination.
Cheers,
Beccy

Lori m said...

I'm in that everyday is Saturday also Donna, I have a calendar posted in front of me to remind me what day it is.

Your card is stunning, fabulous image from Beccy, hugs, Lori m

Suze said...

Beautiful card Donna. I like the vibrant colours you have used.
If it wasn't for the laptop having the day and date on it I think I would have no idea what day of the week it is either (providing I remember to hover over it!)

Judy McKay said...

Very pretty thinking of you card. Nicely designed. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week.. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Sandy said...

Lovely card, the flowers go well with the wreath. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs, Sandy DT

@d_e_crafts said...

A great card. Thank you for sharing your project with us for the ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door (TTCRD) this time.

Debbie
TTCRD DT
decrafts - my blog

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! This is a lovely image!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Pam said...

Yep, sometimes I forget WHAT day it is! Your card is beautiful Donna. I love the vine wreath and pretty flowers and blue ribbon.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewwgranny.blogspot.com

Andrea W said...

The image you used goes perfectly with the sketch and I love your choice of colors. Glad you joined us again this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Craig said...

Lovely! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh good job on this wreath! You really made it shine. Love that you popped the extra flowers, too. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Love to Craft Challenge. We hope you continue to play with us!
XOXO, Aimeslee LTCCB DT
http://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...