Sunday, April 11, 2021

Post Easter

 I can hardly believe it's been a week since I last posted. This week did not go as planned. Last Monday I sat down to do one more Easter card because I had printed this image and instead of filing it away, I thought I should just make a card from it. I started the card and it just didn't click for me and set it aside to start a different one (which also didn't click) and I was never able to get back to my desk last week. So after having the twins all day today and finishing dinner I decided to revisit this Easter card and finally finished it.


The image is from Eureka Stamps called Lilly Cross. I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils and die cut the image with Gina Marie Designs Stitched Rectangles (retired).  I struggled with the paper that I wanted to use with it, but finally decided on this plaid paper from my stash. Then I cut the paper incorrectly which actually turned out to be okay as I really like the break in the plaid. It gives it some interest. The sentiment was a freebie from Desert Diva. I die cut it with Spellbinder's Grommet Tags and inked it with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. To hide the grommet cut outs I added 2 pearls. The card base is blue and the layering is dark brown. It might have taken me a week but I am happy with the finished product. I am entering these challenges:
It rained all day here and was chilly, so we parked the cards outside and let the twins play in the garage. We had lots of fun today. We bought some Play-Doh so they got to play with that. They wore us out and I'll be glad to see our bed very soon. Hope you had a lovely weekend. Stay safe! Peace and all good!

Donna


9 comments:

Carol W said...

Beautiful card Donna.

Pam said...

This is such a beautiful card Donna! I love the cross image and the plaid background looks great!
At our age kids can wear us out quickly but sounds like you all had lots of fun!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Lori m said...

Beautiful card and sentiment, we finally got some much needed rain our way, Hugs, Lori m

Cards By MI said...

Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us over at TPS.
Love n hugs
Marie

Natascha said...

Hello Donna! Great card and a lovely combination of challenges. Thank you very much for joining us as well over at The Paper Shelter Challenge.
Hugs, Natasha

Suze said...

Lovely card Donna. Sometimes errors turn out for the best in the end.
I'm having a week like yours this week which is why I'm later commenting on your card than I normally would. Fortunately I had some cards finished or almost finished that I have been able to upload and not make it look like I have vanished off the face of the earth!

Sladjana Perisic said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along in the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry and hope to see you again.
~ Donna (DT for Lil Patch of Crafty Friends)

Joy Wilson said...

Such a pretty Easter card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge.  Please join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
JoyWilsonInk
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

Kuni said...

Wonderful card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...