Wednesday, July 1, 2020

New Challenge

Today launches the new challenge at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. This month is a fun one! Of course you can always do the anything goes challenge but our twist is to check our list, flip a coin, and then do what the coin tells you to do. You will need to go over to the 12 Months website for the details. I couldn't get the table to copy over to my blog. But here is my card:


Our sponsor this month is a new one for us. We are welcoming All Dressed Up as a new sponsor! So my flips gave me more than 1) 4 or more layers, 2) a rectangle or square card, 3) dots, 4) gems or pearls, and 5) stitching. Such a fun card to make! I used two different designer papers both from the paper pack that Lisa Decosse (Decosse's Dynamite Doodles) designed for this challenge. 
I used both the dot paper and the stitching paper. The image of course is from All Dressed Up called It's Snowing. I colored him with Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut him. The sentiment and stitching paper is die cut with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitch Rectangles. The large snowflake is die cut from shimmer paper with MFT Layered Snowflakes. I added the banner behind the snowman die cut from MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags (retired). To finish off all my flips I added pearls as the snowman buttons and the center of the snowflake. Really a fun challenge. I hope you'll go check out the other designers "flips" at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up and then join us this month. What better fun than Christmas in July!
I am entering these challenges:
That's it for me tonight. Please stay safe out there. My brother is fighting for his life in IUC because of Covid-19. So many people think this is no big deal but it really is. It's leaving many families feeling shocked, confused, and angry over their loss. Be careful that you aren't one of them.

Donna




8 comments:

pssmitty papercrafts said...

This card is so cute! And the snowflake is really pretty with the sparkle! You captured all of the sketch elements perfectly. Thank you for sharing with AHSC.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling snowman and I love all the layers! So fun in the non-traditional colors that really work well together!!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge, A Bit More Time to Craft and Christmas Crafts all year round. Hope to see you again next time.

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 496 - I hope to see you again soon. x

foleysfriend said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute snowman! I love the non-traditional Christmas/Winter colors of your card. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.

Darnell said...

First of all, Donna, I'm very sorry to hear that your brother is battling Covid and fighting for his life. I pray he recovers and that your family is able to cope with the horrors of not being able to be with him. I can't imagine.

I'm glad you had the challenge to distract you for a bit. Your snowman card is as festive as can be and anyone seeing him can't help but smile! Wonderful colors and layers! Keep well yourself and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Lori said...

Oh my goodness - that snowman is the cutest ever! I love him and your adorable card! You did a great job with the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC! -Lori DT

Prayers and good thoughts for your brother.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love this image... great make for 12 Months!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...