Thursday, July 9, 2020

Love U Bots!

I thought I wouldn't ever get this card done. It took me forever. I kept changing my mind, I would make a piece for it and then lose it. Everything that could go wrong did. But, I finally got it finished. Yeah!

Love how it turned out; although the picture really makes the card base look green. It's really a blue green like the lines in the washi tape. The image is from Limited Runs. I colored the images with Spectrum Noir markers. The smaller images were printed and then die cut with MFT Single Stitch Rectangular Frames. I then cut a frame with the same die in black. The large image I fussy cut and added him to the panel. The sentiment is computer-generated and die cut with MFT Stitched Ovals. I used black card stock to back everything. The panels are washi tape. The silver sparkle is from AlteNew and the colorful tape is from Scotch. The border die is Spellbinder's Classic Scallop Borders. I used two of the dies in that set because I liked the cut out circles. I am entering these challenges:

So now on to using all the cucumbers I picked out of the garden today. Heading up to make refrigerator pickles. We finally got some good news about my brother in the hospital with corona virus. He's been transferred out of ICU. He had an added complication of ICU Psychosis. I'd never heard of that. But his mental state was better today and he was taking liquids. More prayers so he fully recovers, but thank you Lord, for getting him this far! It's a miracle. Take care and stay safe!

Donna

9 comments:

Debbie said...

What a fun card! Sorry for all the trouble it took, but it turned out great!
Glad for the good news on your brother!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Donna! This is so cute with the adorable robots! Your sentiment is perfect - I adore puns! I'm happy our sketch could inspire you! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Best of luck in our prize draw!

KT Fit Kitty
Tuesday Morning Sketches DT

P.S. So happy to read that your brother has been transferred out of ICU. You must have been so worried. I hope he heals completely. I saw a video about covid ICU psychosis - not sure if it's what your brother had - but in the video it was caused by the drugs - the patients had terrifying hallucinations - the video scared me half to death as several people described their hallucinations. Sending prayers and best wishes for your brother's full recovery.

Debi said...

Awesome card. I love cards for little boys. The black backing really makes everything pop. Was surprised to read that that was washi tape. Great idea. Thanks so much for sharing this at TMS. Good luck. Debi TMS DT

Lugkasteel Scrapbooking à la Hettie Krüger said...

This is "out of this world"! Awesome use of colors. So cute. Thank you for entering The Crafter's Café's Challenge.

Carol W said...

Cute card and awesome layout. well done.

Melissa Craig said...

Adorable! I'm glad you persevered because it's really cute. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches and celebrating our 11th birthday.

Mandy said...

Donna I am sorry to hear about your brother, I am in UK and not heard of anyone here with psychosis. I guess with all the drugs they pump into you with this kind of thing it will affect people differently. Hope he is on the way to recovery.

Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

Mandy ♥

DT for Through The Craft Room Door

Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

Andrea W said...

Glad your brother is doing better! Your card is fun and the sparkle strips are really cool. So glad you played along at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great and fun card- love the sketch and all of your Washi tapes!
So sorry to hear about your brother and glad he is on the road to recovery!Fun image as well. ICU psychosis is real and has been around for a long time- it is from lack of good REM sleep and awake for turning every 2 hours, and medications can add to it as well. Prayers for a full and speedy recovery!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...