Can you believe it's August 1st and time for another challenge at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. Each month we have a new challenge to help you get moving on those Christmas cards. I used the Holly Swirls embossing folder to emboss the green card stock background. I used 2 confectionery delights papers (which you can win; see details below) from Decosse Dynamite Doodles. The image is from Imagine That! Digis by Kris called Hanging Kitty. With both of my sons now having cats I just couldn't resist using this image for their Christmas card. And I just love the sentiments in this set.
The image is inked with Fired Brick distress ink. The sentiment was printed on white card stock but I inked it with Mowed Lawn distress ink.I added Wink of Stella to the candy cane and scarf and Diamond Stickles to the cat image. To finish it off I used some pearls on the sentiment.
I am entering these challenges:
- Hiding in my Craft Room: Christmas in July
- Crafty Hazelnut Christmas challenge: anything goes Christmas
- Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Extra: anything goes Christmas
- Crafty Hazelnut Patterned Paper challenge: use patterned paper
- Merry Christmas Card Challenge Monday: summer link up
Here is what you need to know about the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up challenge...
The BasicsWhile you can find out ALL the information you need to know in order to participate in the challenge by checking out the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page (or by clicking HERE), here is a refresher of the basics.
- Anyone can link up as many Christmas and/or December holiday themed cards (including Happy New Year's cards) throughout the month with an ANYTHING GOES theme.
- Every person who has linked up a MINIMUM of two (2) cards will be eligible to receive a specially designed Christmas themed digital paper.
- Each month there will be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Anyone who submits a card adhering to the monthly theme, will have the chance to win a prize from that month's guest sponsor.
- Every holiday card you submit to the link up, earns you one chance to win a special digital Christmas kit that will be offered up after the year is complete.
Optional Theme: Christmas ConfectioneryOne can't possibly think of Christmas without thinking of all the edible goodies associated with the holiday season. Gingerbread, plum pudding, candy canes and hot cocoa with whipped cream or marshmallows are just a few of the yummy treats available for noshing on during the holidays.
In order to have a chance to win the prize from our wonderful guest sponsor this month, make sure that your card has some sort of candy or goodies suitable for the Christmas holidays, in the design. Examples include: candy canes, cake, muffins, bread pudding, gingerbread, cocoa, etc. If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize.
Remember, you don't need to follow the theme to link up your cards and earn a free paper each month, and have your name thrown into the year end draw for some extra digital goodies. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win this month's sponsored prize of a $10 gift certificate to the Imagine That! Digistamp store.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you will join us at the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up and get a start on your Christmas cards. It's never too early to get started. Happy new week and month!