Saturday, July 30, 2016

Going to the Dogs

Happy almost Sunday! We have a new challenge over at The Outlawz challenge blog. And this week we are celebrating Mutt Day. So Deb has asked us to use a dog on our CAS card.


This card has a very strange story. Thursday evening I went to make my card for this week only to discover that I didn’t have any dog stamps. Not one stamp of a dog. I was shocked, but I know I have digi stamps of dogs, so no problem. We’d had a big storm that day and our Internet was down along with our Wifi so I discovered I wasn’t able to print anything. Hmmm, no stamps and can’t print. Truly a dilemma! I keep a file of images that I’ve printed but haven’t used that I often forget about. Surely I had printed off a dog at some point, right? I went through the file and found birds, fish, mice, frogs, etc. And way at the back of the file was this one lone doggie. I can hardly believe that it was that difficult to make a dog card! So I actually made a stencil with Paper Smooches Paw Print die and I stenciled the paws on the front and the back of the card with Rusty Hinge distress ink. Then I colored and fussy cut the dog image and then used adhesive to place it on the card. That’s it. How about that for CAS. It took me longer to find a dog stamp then it did to make the entire card! I love the paw prints. They look so cute running over the card. 
I am entering these challenges:
I hope you'll come play along with us this week at the CAS challenge and hopefully finding a dog stamp will be much easier for you then it was for me. LOL! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Donna

15 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Great story even though it was frustrating for you. I have had one of those days. If I hadn't read the story, I would have just enjoyed the smile the card put on my face. Knowing the story behind the dog makes it even more special.

scrappymo! said...

Had a wee giggle at your story..that happens to me too. Searching for card elements and images takes longer than making the card! Then there is all the cleanup...lol

This turned out great. Your wee dog is perfect with those paw prints.

Lori m said...

Too cute, adorable card, sorry about the internet and such, Happy Sunday, hugs, Lori m

MaryH said...

Well, firstly, it's an adorable card, and I love the stenciled paw prints with this little cute mut. Secondly, I was chuckling over the back story - because it sounds just like what I'd be doing. And of course the dog digi was the last one in your search. Da Ja Vu and all that...But it turned out beautifully, and it's a very happy feeling card. Adding in the pawprints certainly dressed up this little poochie so much. TFS & Happy Sunday. Hugs

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the end result, even with all of your woes! Such a cute pooch- I think it was from OWH? The paw prints is such a cute touch too!
The doc suggested I quit working, so Friday was my last day. I am trying to behave! LOL

Pam said...

Great story! That sure is a cute little doggie you found way in the back of your file! Love how you did the paw prints. Great card!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Tanja said...

love the sweet little dog and the paw background - thanks for sharing your creation at Addicted to Stamps and More

Sharyn Polesel said...

Great story! I'm glad it all worked out for you, but what a frustrating way to craft. lol Your card is so cute and I love the doggie image. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Barbara said...

Love your story and I am glad that you persevered. This is such a cute little dog and you used him in a very adorabe way on the card. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
Barbara DT member

Patti said...

What a fun and familiar story!! I bet I don't have a dog in the house either : ) Your hard work surely paid off! this card is dog-gone sweet! heeheehee

Thanks a bunch for joining the fun at Seize The Birthday!

Patti

Creative world said...

Adorable card and great design...thank you for joining us at ATSM...hugs Zeljka

Creative world said...

Really really cute card, love the simplicity and dog motive :)
Thank you for joining us at ATSM CAS challenge

Hugs Zeljka

Glenda Atkins said...

When things go wrong they can really go wrong don't they. After all the trouble you went through you certainly aced the CAS dog challenge.Love it Donna!
hugs
Glenda

Michelle said...

What a fun card! Love the background on here as well!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge this week! Hope to see you back again soon :)

shirley-bee said...

Great perseverance in looking for a dog image! Love those paw prints :) Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...