Monday, November 2, 2015

It's a Twofer Day

Happy Monday again! I am enjoying my Monday off today and it's a beautiful day outside, so as soon as I finish this post I am going to write some cards to send and walk to the post office with them. Most of the trees have lost their leaves but we still have some maples that have gorgeous leaves on them. So the walk will still be pretty and the sunshine, I am sure, will be heavenly.
I wanted to point you to a new challenge for the month of November. Jennifer McGuire is challenging everyone to spread some handemade kindness. That can be in whatever form of handmade that you'd like: cooking, cards, gifts, etc. You can find out about the project by visiting Jennifer McGuire's blog.

So on with my cards.

First up, a Christmas card with lots of sparkle. I used a Bugaboo image called 3 Square Tree. I colored the tree and the star with colored pencils. I sparkled everything up with Stickles. I used both Diamond Stickles and Red Stickles. The papers are from my scrap box and I added three gold enamel dots. I used the Stella sketch for my inspiration.


I am entering these challenges:

My twofer is a card for one of my siblings for Veterans Day. I usually send them an email to thank them for their service to our family and country but this year I am sending homemade cards. I showed one of the cards on Sunday. This is my second Veterans Day card.


This is a stamp and sentiment from Doodle Pantry called Salute Bunny. Perfect for Veteran's Day. I used the pre-colored image die cut with Spellbinder's rectangles. The red, white and blue paper is from Paper Studio, a scrap from my scrap box and backed with plain red card stock. The sentiment is cut with Spellbinder ribbon tag die and finished off with a red ribbon. Very easy!
I am entering these challenges:
I got my laundry, shopping and dishes done this morning. I am off for a walk outside since it's so nice. Then back to get dinner ready and some other odds and ends and hopefully more time to craft later tonight. Wishing you an amazing week. Some time this week, share some kindness with others.

Hugs,
Donna

10 comments:

sgc said...

Cute cards. Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's challenge.

Pam said...

Both are very cute cards!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Beccy said...

I LOVE the poinsettia paper on your Christmas card Donna, it's absolutely beautiful and caught my eye right away. I really like the way you've coloured the fabulous tree image and then added lots of sparkle.
I think it's a wonderful idea to send homemade cards to the members of your family who served the country and I'm sure they will appreciate it too!
Cheers,
Beccy

Stef H said...

these are fabulous. yep, weather here is fabulous tho it seems i'm always cold lately. doc says that's what happens when you age. really? what crap! LOL.

my new shoes are very comfy. i treated myself to the "hurry cane" cane. figured i'd better get one to be on the safe side and before they become unaffordable. it was only $40. seems really sturdy and it's comfortable to use. i'll carry it with me and see how it goes. i have good days and bad days - but then who doesn't.

maybe we can talk to each other telepathy-wise when we wake up during the night! might be fun!!! LOL.

have a great week!

hugs :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Both of the cards are adorable. I really like the Christmas one.
Hugs Pat

cass said...

Wonderful papers. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Pamela said...

Thank you for joining us at Christmas Cards All Year Round with your great card.

Pam x

Jen Leeflang said...

What a fun Christmas card!
Thanks for joining us for Stella Says Sketch at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug blog this fortnight.
Please join us again soon.
Love
Jen L
Bugaboo Stamps DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Two great cards but thank you for sharing the Christmas one with Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra!
Susan
DT for CHNC Extra!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Dawn Frost said...

Both cards are fantastic Donna! I love the bugaboo Stella Says Sketch card (wearing my Bugaboo DT hat) AND I think the Bunny is totally adorable for Veterans Day (wearing my Doodle Pantry DT hat). I hope you join both challenges again and good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...