Monday, October 5, 2015

Giving Thanks

I have so much to be thankful for in my life. Just thinking back over the past few weeks and all the things that looked so bad at the time have turned into blessings. Tom's heart attack could have been so much worse. I am blessed to still have him with me. The damage to our brand new car when someone backed into it in the dealer parking lot before we ever got to drive it has been fixed (for free by the dealer) and we have been blessed with the new car! So my second card for today, gives thanks for all the blessings in my  life. I hope you see all the blessing in your life too.

This is just a simple CAS card. I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch for inspiration.
And this card also finishes off my tic tac toe board at DeeDee's Pick Your Pal challenge.
This is for Row #1: Share our event with your card on Facebook (will be posting that shortly); use autumn colors; keep it clean and simple! I think I nailed this one. LOL! The image is Fall Teddies from DeeDee's Digis. I used the pre-colored image and fussy cut it. The paper is a scrap from my desk. I must have used it for another card earlier this week. The brown edge is a scrap from my scrap box. The sentiment is from Impressions Obsession and I clear embossed it. Easy peasy!
I am entering these challenges:
I hope my card inspires you to give thank to the Lord for all the wonderful things in your life. I know I am thinking about how particularly blessed I am today. Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful Monday!

Donna





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, please know that I am keeping you and your hubby both in prayer. Praise God that he is still with you! Sometimes the not-so-fun parts of life pile on, and we can be so overwhelmed by the stress that we forget to look for the blessings. It's so wonderful that you are seeing them, and sharing this great reminder with all of us -- thank you! Now your card is darling. I love the layout you picked, and the combination of colors to use with this image. The sentiment is perfect, too. Congrats on finishing the whole card -- woo-hoo! Your prizes should be in your email.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Oh Donna, you are in my thoughts and prayers for better things to come your way!

sassyb07 said...

Donna, love your card. You are always in my thoughts and prayers girlfriend. I'm trying to be a better blogger and get up to date with everyone!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh dear- I have been MIA and did not know about your Hubby- will be keeping him and your family in prayers! Hope he will follow doc's orders and behave while he is healing! I have to stop by Dee-Dee's- this is darling!!!
Blessings!

Kathy D. said...

It is amazing that sometimes we forget to count our blessings.... thanks for the reminder. Praying for you and your husband. Must check out that sketch cause you did an amazing job with it.
Thanks for playing in our WCMD challenge! Don't forget to join our Digi of the Month Challenge.
Kathy D.
Deedee's Digis Sponsorship Coordinator

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...